Honored Contributor

Re: Product for ill fitting shoes - different sizes

@kaydee50   I don't purchase shoes unless I can try them on first.  

Years ago I rarely had a problem, so I don't know why I am having the issue now.

Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008   There is not a shoe man in my town but later this week we have to make a trip to the city.  

I have the two pair set out to take to him and see what he can do.  Unfortunately I don't have time to shoe shop that day.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs 

I can't answer your specific question, but I can relate to foot size. My Left foot is 1 full size smaller than my Right foot. Along with that I have an A width, and completely Flat Feet. Needless to say, I always had to go with the size of my bigger foot.

I had to have every pair of my at least 75 pair of running shoes altered by a shoe maker. Moreso before running shoes began even coming out with "staggered lacing holes", and years later with foot Widths.

Same with each pair of ice skates I bought over the years. I put surgical felt into my larger skate, and had a shoe maker add holes further apart, in addition to the ones on the shoes and/or skates.

Running down hills! My smaller foot would bang the toe box so hard, I always had blood under my Big Toenail, and at times, the one next to it. If you have ever slammed a finger in a door or window? You know the pain, except on a weight bearing joint like the Big Toe? There was only 1 way to relieve the pressure of the blood against the nail nerve.

I never found a store bought solution to this problem, to this day. Any footwear I buy, I have to improvise for that specific footwear. If you find an answer for all footwear, let me know.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn   What a pain, but glad you found a work around.  

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs : I understand your frustration but can't offer any suggestions. I was a premature baby with cerebral palsy and a lot of foot sugeries. My left foot is a size 3 to 4 and the right foot is 6 to 7. I always purchase the two different sizes. Have written to a lot of places for help. About 30 years ago a family owned department store would mismatch my shoes and give me 25 % discount on purchases- they went out of business. Dear Abby wrote about a special company but they couldn't help me.Hope you can find a solution.

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee   You do have a large difference in size of your feet, I guess I should not complain.

Today I found a product called 'toe fillers'.  Something like  foam that your toes can fit into after placing in the toe of the shoe...I ordered a couple sets, they were inexpensive.

I hope they work...

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs : I hope the toe fillers work for you. I need to order some for my shoes.Please let us know if it makes a difference.

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee   I will.  I still like wearing pointed toe shoes (always flat shoes)  but the slipping of my shoe has kept me from wearing most of my shoes, so I also help the 'fillers' work.

Regular Contributor

Due to polio I have had two different shoe sizes most all my life.  I'm now a six and a ten.  Most of the time I would purchase two pairs to make one.  Sometimes the dye lots didn't match.  Now I have had an orthotic made just for my heel .  That helps a lot in my shorter foot.  Nordstrom department store will sell the split size shoes for the cost of a pair.  Good luck solving your problem.

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

@sward05   Glad you were able to find a work around for your shoes.