Honored Contributor

Re: Pro Board "Q Forum Friends" Is Working!!!!!!!

I'm really so grateful to those who have made a new home for us!  I know it's a lot of work to do and I want to express my thanks! Smiley Happy

When I first heard about the Q shutting this down I was pretty upset....still think it stinks to do right before the holidays but with our new site it might turn out to be even better.....I'm trying to think positively.Smiley Happy

It's great to see so many have signed up!  I did and will be working on my avatar and getting the feel of the site over the next few days.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CANDLEQUEEN  - wrote: Yes, its very nice, and easy to post and sign up!

Question - How do you respond to a particular post (proboards) can you give step by step details, I'm a bit slow!  TIA

Esteemed Contributor

@SoCal Bred wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN  - wrote: Yes, its very nice, and easy to post and sign up!

Question - How do you respond to a particular post (proboards) can you give step by step details, I'm a bit slow!  TIA

@SoCal Bred,  the easiest way to do a direct response is to click on quote at the top of the post to which you want to respond.  That will open the text box for you to reply and the post you are replying too will also appear.  By quoting it is not only a direct reply but that poster will get a notice that they have been quoted.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pro Board "All Things Q" Is Working!!!!!!!

@Shanus wrote:

May I suggest that until "doom day", people check here, too? Some of us may be still getting used tothe other site (me), not finding it as easy as some or haven't gotten the word that it's up or running. Worse than that, people who haven't been here in days, don't even know that we're packing up the moving truck.

@Shanus 

It's the only reason why I am checking in on this board daily until 11/2. I have signed up on Proboards and I  am posting over there.

However, I am very active in Book Club and I am concerned that some people do not know about the boards being shut down or the move. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Pro Board "All Things Q" Is Working!!!!!!!

@Marp - Thank you!

Honored Contributor

What is offputting to me is that in the terms of service it states:  12. CONSENT TO RECEIVE EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS FROM MEMBERS

By registering with the Website, your thereby consent to receive electronic communications, including email and personal messages from other Website members.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG   I agree with you Proboards really good site glad you are over there good to see all the familiar names there.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am totally confused as to how to go about 'registering' on Proboards.  I've tried, entered a username and password and then it says they can't find a forum with that username.  I just want to register to get my foot in the door.  Any help please?

Amendment to above:  Well, I finally figured out how to get registered...now what?  What do I click on to find my QVC friends?  I know the 'can't teach an old dog new tricks' thing pertains to me - but good grief, could that make it a little easier????

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like it.  The avatars are much larger over there.  I got tickled earlier today when I saw @stevieb avatar in a larger state. I thought no wonder Dustin Hoffman lost his head over Mrs. Robinson.  Woman LOL

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@sarahpanda wrote:

I am totally confused as to how to go about 'registering' on Proboards.  I've tried, entered a username and password and then it says they can't find a forum with that username.  I just want to register to get my foot in the door.  Any help please?

Amendment to above:  Well, I finally figured out how to get registered...now what?  What do I click on to find my QVC friends?  I know the 'can't teach an old dog new tricks' thing pertains to me - but good grief, could that make it a little easier????

@sarahpanda 

Did you register on the mellyg page titled q forum friends?  You have to register on that page in order to be able to post.  You'll be able to see the layout and all the members that have joined.  

Pro Boards itself is made up of many different forums, the q forum friends is just one.  If you are on 
the main Pro Boards site, do a search for 'q forum friends' and register or log in from there.