Honored Contributor

I just put a new black ink cartridge in my printer & got ink all over my fingers. I normally only get a bit on my fingers but not this time. I got online to see how to remove it. First I tried Goo Gone, next tea tree oil since that's what I found online. Neither worked but the tea tree oil made it lighter. Well on to the next thing which was bleach diluted with water. I thought I will use it full strength to see what happens. I did not think it would do anything. LOL!!! To my amazement I put some on a paper towel & it removed the ink fast & easy. I could not believe it removed all the ink. Thought I was going to have to go for days until it wore off. Now I have a fast easy way to remove the ink every time I replace a cartridge.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I just put a new black ink cartridge in my printer & got ink all over my fingers. I normally only get a bit on my fingers but not this time. I got online to see how to remove it. First I tried Goo Gone, next tea tree oil since that's what I found online. Neither worked but the tea tree oil made it lighter. Well on to the next thing which was bleach diluted with water. I thought I will use it full strength to see what happens. I did not think it would do anything. LOL!!! To my amazement I put some on a paper towel & it removed the ink fast & easy. I could not believe it removed all the ink. Thought I was going to have to go for days until it wore off. Now I have a fast easy way to remove the ink every time I replace a cartridge.

Good to know, and thank you for sharing this info. That was very thoughtful of you to think of this possibly helping others.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

Good to know, and thank you for sharing this info. That was very thoughtful of you to think of this possibly helping others.

hckynut(john)

Thank you. I hope it will help someone that read my post. I always get a small amount of ink on my fingers when changing a cartridge. I don't know what happened this time but I had ink on 4 fingers & both thumbs. I think that cartridge was over filled as it was leaking just a bit.

Honored Contributor

Just wondering if you're using remanufactured or recycled ink cartridges.  I've never had a leaking cartridge or gotten ink on my fingers.  Have used mostly HP printers, and new cartridges.

Honored Contributor

I never would have thought to use bleach.  My go to is nail polish remover.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Just wondering if you're using remanufactured or recycled ink cartridges.  I've never had a leaking cartridge or gotten ink on my fingers.  Have used mostly HP printers, and new cartridges.

I'm sure they are. I buy them on EBay. They say they a brand new/generic. I have been buying from this seller for a long time. I have never had any problems with them. A couple in the last batch I bought looked like they were over filled. I'm not paying $50+++ for ink cartridges.