Regular Contributor

Prince Philip has died Buckingham Palace has announced.

Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth II's husband, has died aged 99, Buckingham Palace has announced.

“The prince married Princess Elizabeth in 1947, five years before she became Queen, and was the longest-serving royal consort in British history.

A statement from Buckingham Palace said: "It is with deep sorrow that Her Majesty The Queen has announced the death of her beloved husband, His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. 

"His Royal Highness passed away peacefully this morning at Windsor Castle."”

bbc.com/news/uk

May he Rest In Peace.

Honored Contributor

Re: Prince Philip has died Buckingham Palace has announced.

Esteemed Contributor

May he Rest In Peace.  This is going to be a profound loss for Elizabeth, as they spent their entire adult lives together and stayed together through many trials.  And no matter how old someone is when they die, it is always a loss for those who love them.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, no!

My condolences to the Queen, Prince Charles, and the rest of the royal family.💔

99 is a long life.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

The thing about living a long time is that your loved ones start to think that you're going to be there forever. Unfortunately, that isn't the case. Like my mom used to say there is no forever.

My sincere condolences to the Queen & the entire family. After all they are a family before they are Royals.I was hoping he would make it to June 10 th, his 100th birthday. But God had other plans.

RIP Prince Philip.You led an incredible life!! 💐 

Honored Contributor

I always wondered if the queen had planned to step down when this happened or if she would continue on?

Esteemed Contributor

Sincere condolences to the Queen and the entire family as they face the days ahead without Prince Philip in their lives. The loss will be painful, but the memories will remain with each family member forever.

Imagine the country is also in mourning for their beloved Prince, who stood by their Queen for 74 years in marriage and his role of Prince Philip of England.

Happy he is not suffering any longer. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

May he rest in peace.  Sending my condolences to the Royal Family.  

Esteemed Contributor

May he rest in peace. 

Such a profound loss for Her Majesty.   At 94 this may hit her extremely hard as Philip has been there for most of her life.  I do hope that all of her family members surround the Queen with love and support, in person, during the official mourning period.  

Esteemed Contributor

@grandma r wrote:

May he rest in peace. 

Such a profound loss for Her Majesty.   At 94 this may hit her extremely hard as Philip has been there for most of her life.  I do hope that all of her family members surround the Queen with love and support, in person, during the official mourning period.  

It's always a hard hit when someone you love passes, especially a spouse.  I do hope she has support as well.