Honored Contributor

Re: Pretty scary, my sister, a serial killer, and a new house

@MercysMom, I heard about this story in the news and then I heard yesterday about the girl's boyfriend!  I just cannot imagine what your poor sister is going through, sending your family good thoughts and peace!

Honored Contributor

Omg.  I imagine she is un-nerved and that this has taken some of the joy out of being in her new home.  I remember when it was common practice to have a new home or new apartment blessed.   That was when I was a child and I totally forgot about it.  She should have that done, if he will help settle her.  Also, she needs help in focusing not on the evil and what awful things might have happened....but on how blessed and fortunate she was that not victimized. 

Esteemed Contributor

@MercysMom wrote:

Well my sister didn't have the luxury of seeing his mugshot now that we know what he is. She saw him as the rest of our community has for the last 20 years, a successful real estate agent, with employees, in a suit and tie, living himself in a nice house. The community he lives in and the local real estate association are all shocked as they all say to see him and to know him, you would have never guessed he was capable of this. 

Very scary how they can appear so normal.  I can't imagine how unnerving it must be for your sister.  Thank goodness she's ok. 

Good idea to have the house blessed, maybe saged too.  I'd throw everything at it.  Wishing her and the family peace.  

Valued Contributor

I don't understand how people can live such two opposite lives. A murderer and a businessman. 

Your sister should have the pastor come to the home and pray for peace and to give thanks she was spared from some awful fate.

Honored Contributor

@MercysMom, don't know why someone would think we always know a person, you just never know about people, it is scary.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@dex wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity Just take care of yourself and remember that you are not in that closet and never will be again.I hope the EVIL person that caused your pain suffers for all eternity.

You have made it through the years so you know that you can do it.

Find it interesting, Side chair therapy. People not knowing what the person went through, Nor, The extent of damages. Word of caution please don't assume knowing. On that note, Bid farwell to this topic.

It's a shame you couldn't take the post for what is seemed to be intended---someone reaching out to you in a warm way, sweet serenity.

I took the post as intended. No, I didn't make it through the years. Once again, Strangers commenting on someone they don't know.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'm guessing it's a good idea to change/tumble the locks as soon as possible after purchasing a new home.  Who knows how many realtors have copies of the keys, etc.  Something that I hadn't thought of until now. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@MercysMom wrote:

You may have recently seen on the news that a kidnapped woman in SC was recently found locked in a metal storage container alive, where she had been chained up for 2 months. Sadly, her boyfriend has been found murdered. Thirteen years ago, in another town near where she was found, 4 people were killed in a motorsports bike store. That crime went unsolved until today, when the person charged with kidnapping and murdering this young couple admitted to those murders as well. Law enforcement believes this person may also be responsible for many more unsolved missing person cases and/or murders in this area and continue to search the propery.

Now this is where this story has touched our family. My sister and her husband purchased a new home. They closed on the house mid-October. It turns out, the serial killer in the info above is her real estate agent. Yes, he's been a real estate agent in this area for a long time. She is un-nerved. On a number of occassions, she looked at things in the home alone with him. My brother-in-law and this guy are both pilots so they became fast friends with that in common. All those times she was alone with him...the "what ifs" are scary to think about. Unfortunately, all this has put a little dark cloud over her new home. I suggested she contact her minister and ask him to come through the house and bless it. I think that will help. My thoughts are with all those effected by the actions of this terrible person. 

@MercysMom

While I think it's unfortunate anyone in the community has had anything to do with this guy, clearly someone was looking over her!    If she will find peace in having the home blessed, then fine, but I don't see any reason to get upset over what never happened, or for there to be a "dark cloud" over their beautiful new home ... it's really not necessary to dwell on this. 

Esteemed Contributor

@MercysMom, that is absolutely terrifying!

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

It's a shame you couldn't take the post for what is seemed to be intended---someone reaching out to you in a warm way, sweet serenity.

I took the post as intended. No, I didn't make it through the years. Once again, Strangers commenting on someone they don't know.

@Sweet_Serenity  Just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear what you had to endure.  I don't think any of us can know or understand your pain.  

(((Hugs))) to you.