Honored Contributor

Re: Pretty scary, my sister, a serial killer, and a new house

@dex wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity I don't know your story but I am happy that you are okay now.I believe in the strength of our mind and body to heal us if we just hang on and don't let go.You are strong and brave and because you didn't give up your abducter cannot destroy you.Lots of hugs to you!

Happened long ago. Yet! There are moments when experiencing flash backs I'm 10yrs old back in that closet. Yes exercise using therapy techniques immensely do provide relief, To some degree. Make no! Mistake, Each individual is different. In my case never completely is out of mind. So yes, Mind is powerful yet all these years later in a nano second I'm back in that dark scary place.
Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity Just take care of yourself and remember that you are not in that closet and never will be again.I hope the EVIL person that caused your pain suffers for all eternity.

You have made it through the years so you know that you can do it.

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

Sweet_Serenity, many hugs and prayers to you.  I am so sorry you had to endure that.

Respected Contributor

@MercysMom wrote:

You may have recently seen on the news that a kidnapped woman in SC was recently found locked in a metal storage container alive, where she had been chained up for 2 months. Sadly, her boyfriend has been found murdered. Thirteen years ago, in another town near where she was found, 4 people were killed in a motorsports bike store. That crime went unsolved until today, when the person charged with kidnapping and murdering this young couple admitted to those murders as well. Law enforcement believes this person may also be responsible for many more unsolved missing person cases and/or murders in this area and continue to search the propery.

Now this is where this story has touched our family. My sister and her husband purchased a new home. They closed on the house mid-October. It turns out, the serial killer in the info above is her real estate agent. Yes, he's been a real estate agent in this area for a long time. She is un-nerved. On a number of occassions, she looked at things in the home alone with him. My brother-in-law and this guy are both pilots so they became fast friends with that in common. All those times she was alone with him...the "what ifs" are scary to think about. Unfortunately, all this has put a little dark cloud over her new home. I suggested she contact her minister and ask him to come through the house and bless it. I think that will help. My thoughts are with all those effected by the actions of this terrible person. 

What a terrible chilling story.

I too would want the house blessed, saged or what ever.

Therapy for her is also a very good idea.

I would also have the entire house repainted-every room to fresh and cleanse the space.

Honored Contributor

Good work by the authorities to catch this Kohlhepp guy.  He looks pretty creepy.  If I was your sister, I don't think I'd gotten involved with him in the first place, either to be my realtor or to pal around with a fellow pilot.

Super Contributor

@ValuSkr

Well my sister didn't have the luxury of seeing his mugshot now that we know what he is. She saw him as the rest of our community has for the last 20 years, a successful real estate agent, with employees, in a suit and tie, living himself in a nice house. The community he lives in and the local real estate association are all shocked as they all say to see him and to know him, you would have never guessed he was capable of this. 

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
Esteemed Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@dex wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity I don't know your story but I am happy that you are okay now.I believe in the strength of our mind and body to heal us if we just hang on and don't let go.You are strong and brave and because you didn't give up your abducter cannot destroy you.Lots of hugs to you!

Happened long ago. Yet! There are moments when experiencing flash backs I'm 10yrs old back in that closet. Yes exercise using therapy techniques immensely do provide relief, To some degree. Make no! Mistake, Each individual is different. In my case never completely is out of mind. So yes, Mind is powerful yet all these years later in a nano second I'm back in that dark scary place.

Peaceful blessings to you @Sweet_Serenity.

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@dex wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity Just take care of yourself and remember that you are not in that closet and never will be again.I hope the EVIL person that caused your pain suffers for all eternity.

You have made it through the years so you know that you can do it.

Find it interesting, Side chair therapy. People not knowing what the person went through, Nor, The extent of damages. Word of caution please don't assume knowing. On that note, Bid farwell to this topic.

It's a shame you couldn't take the post for what is seemed to be intended---someone reaching out to you in a warm way, sweet serenity.

QVC Customer Care