Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack  prayers  for very Good news.

Did the Dr. Say your BP surge was from kidney,s  or something else. You mentioned it was not stress related.. 

Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

Did the Dr. Say your BP surge was from kidney,s  or something else. You mentioned it was not stress related.. 

@qvcaddition   She said it was secondary high blood pressure, meaning it wasn't naturally getting higher.  It's always been 120/80 or less.  She said it would not have gotten this high so suddenly from normal reasons.  It was normal in June or July.

She's thinking it's from kidneys, separate from my possible kidney cancer.  She ordered a 24 hour urine test which isn't back yet, a renal ultrasound which I will have next Monday, and other things.  I'm anxious to get it figured out.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack 

@NickNack wrote:

@qvcaddition wrote:

@qvcaddition   She said it was secondary high blood pressure, meaning it wasn't naturally getting higher.  It's always been 120/80 or less.  She said it would not have gotten this high so suddenly from normal reasons.  It was normal in June or July.

She's thinking it's from kidneys, separate from my possible kidney cancer.  She ordered a 24 hour urine test which isn't back yet, a renal ultrasound which I will have next Monday, and other things.  I'm anxious to get it figured out.

With all you have going on, Thank you for answering.  This HBP is also happening to me.  Way high and in summer like you always 110/80 or 120/70.  My Dr. Gave me dirutes.  You have given me more info. than my Dr.  I am going to email her for some test.

Thank you for sharing and I pray for you and good news.  The waiting for your results are hard, but everyone is praying for you and prayers are strong. Bless you.

Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

@NickNack 

@NickNack wrote:

@qvcaddition wrote:

With all you have going on, Thank you for answering.  This HBP is also happening to me.  Way high and in summer like you always 110/80 or 120/70.  My Dr. Gave me dirutes.  You have given me more info. than my Dr.  I am going to email her for some test.

Thank you for sharing and I pray for you and good news.  The waiting for your results are hard, but everyone is praying for you and prayers are strong. Bless you.

@qvcaddition   Are you taking your blood pressure at home?  My doctor told me to take it twice a day and keep a log, and I'm seeing her once a week for a blood pressure check.  You should probably buy a blood pressure cuff if you don't have one and check it at home and keep a log.  Omron is a good brand.

Google secondary hypertension and read about this.  It's often caused by kidney disease.  I hope you get some answers.

Here is just the first couple of paragraphs from the information at Mayo Clinic.

Overview

Secondary high blood pressure (secondary hypertension) is high blood pressure that's caused by another medical condition. Secondary hypertension can be caused by conditions that affect your kidneys, arteries, heart or endocrine system. Secondary hypertension can also occur during pregnancy.

Secondary hypertension differs from the usual type of high blood pressure (primary hypertension or essential hypertension), which is often referred to simply as high blood pressure.

Proper treatment of secondary hypertension can often control both the underlying condition and the high blood pressure, which reduces the risk of serious complications — including heart disease, kidney failure and stroke.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@qvcfreak I will continue to lift her up in prayer for healing!

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack 

@NickNack wrote:

@qvcaddition wrote:

@NickNack 

@NickNack wrote:

@qvcaddition wrote:

@qvcaddition   Are you taking your blood pressure at home?  My doctor told me to take it twice a day and keep a log, and I'm seeing her once a week for a blood pressure check.  You should probably buy a blood pressure cuff if you don't have one and check it at home and keep a log.  Omron is a good brand.

Google secondary hypertension and read about this.  It's often caused by kidney disease.  I hope you get some answers.

Here is just the first couple of paragraphs from the information at Mayo Clinic.

Overview

Secondary high blood pressure (secondary hypertension) is high blood pressure that's caused by another medical condition. Secondary hypertension can be caused by conditions that affect your kidneys, arteries, heart or endocrine system. Secondary hypertension can also occur during pregnancy.

Secondary hypertension differs from the usual type of high blood pressure (primary hypertension or essential hypertension), which is often referred to simply as high blood pressure.

Proper treatment of secondary hypertension can often control both the underlying condition and the high blood pressure, which reduces the risk of serious complications — including heart disease, kidney failure and stroke.

Thank you for info. No to all above. She has me going back the 14th for a BP check. She has me on diuritics and a statin.

I exercise a lot even at my age. In aug she did an urinary lab test and it was OK, but so was my BP then. 

I think I will email her, and ask her could it be my kidneys.

Thank you for all the info.  I hope you get good results. I notice even with the diuritics and drinking water, I'm not releasing a lot of fluid.

Respected Contributor

Praying for you -hugs!