Respected Contributor

Prayers For Family Of Fire Victim

May God Almighty watch over and help the family of the employee that passed because of the fire in the NC distribution center.

My heart and prayers go out to them and all the people that lost jobs.

Same thing happened to my husband's place.  There was a fire, surrounding towns had to help but no one was injured or killed.  Many lost jobs though.

I'm so very sorry, it's very sad.  Hope all can put their lives back together soon as possible.

Honored Contributor

Re: Prayers For Family Of Fire Victim

All of the victims of recent tragedies due to fire are in my prayers.  Challenging times for so many.

Honored Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

Big apartment fire in New York today 1/9/21.   Nineteen people killed,  nine were children.  Faulty space heater.

I feel for the man where it started.  Something about a door in back of the heater was opened and the smoke traveled to the rest of the apartments.  Maybe the heater wasn't faulty, just the door in back being opened.

I feel for the families of course, but the man has to live with that and it was not done on purpose.

Pray for all of them.

Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition  How awful!  I just read of a fire in Philadelpha last week where 12 were killed, 8 were children.  There were 18 occupants in one apartment at the time of the blaze at 6:30 in the morning.

What haunts me is they initially said that a 5 year old playing with a lighter caught the Christmas tree on fire.  I believe the child was killed in the fire. 

I guess I wish they didn't have to disclose that fact.  The child was just that, a child.  No ill intentions to cause such loss.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm 

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@qvcaddition  How awful!  I just read of a fire in Philadelpha last week where 12 were killed, 8 were children.  There were 18 occupants in one apartment at the time of the blaze at 6:30 in the morning.

What haunts me is they initially said that a 5 year old playing with a lighter caught the Christmas tree on fire.  I believe the child was killed in the fire. 

I guess I wish they didn't have to disclose that fact.  The child was just that, a child.  No ill intentions to cause such loss.

I  am talking about a different fire.  This was in Brooklyn, New York Sunday 1/9.