Trusted Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity beautiful tribute.  Clearly a wonderful man who brought up a wonderful daughter. 

Many good thoughts and prayers for a safe and hopefully happy transition as well as many good years ahead. 

Honored Contributor

Image result for comforting quotes for those who have loved ones with dementia

We understand what you are going through. I will be praying for your Dad.  He sounds like a wonderful man and that's the way you will always remember him.  God be with you and your family.

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity  Thanks for the update.I was just about to ask you how your dad was doing.I am happy to hear that he is comfortable and doing well.I hope you are able to relax a little now too.

Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity I will pray for you dad. I have been through a similar situation in the last year. My 93 year old mom fell 6 times last year. On December 2nd she had a bad fall and hit the back of her head. That fall lead to a period of hospitalization and skilled nursing facility from December 2nd until March 1th. On March 15th we placed her in a very nice assisted living. My life has been totally upside down, running to the hospital, the skilled nursing facility and now the assisted living. I do skip some days now that she is assisted living and I am impressed with the care that she gets there. 

I understand the emotional turmoil of placing a loved one in care environment. My mother has some dementia but knows she is not home. She wants to go home but can't although she admits it is nice where she is. God Bless you on your journey. It is not an easy one. 

Trusted Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Dear Friends: 

Dad, Is settled in and doing well. Like each one of you to know that your prayers are working. The messages of encouragement mean so much. 

311582.gif

Wonderful and welcomed news, @Sweet_Serenity … during this otherwise painful and difficult time for you both. I pray Calvin will be at peace there and receive the very best, compassionate care. 

Respected Contributor

More prayers just went up above for you and your dear father, Calvin, @Sweet_Serenity

45FF902D-0A2B-4E33-BD2F-33E5E62781EF.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity , 

I have said a prayer for your Dad Calvin. 

My hope for you all is for peace, and comfort. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity , sending you and your DF best wishes.  I am glad is in a safe place.  You will rest easier knowing that.  LM

Trusted Contributor

🙏🏼 Ongoing prayers for your father's continuing, compassionate care. For your strength and “serenity,” too, @Sweet_Serenity

Peace with you and your family. 🙏🏻

Trusted Contributor

I gladly offer prayers for Calvin, with thanks for his noble service. May the angels watch over him and guide his caregivers in compassion, respect and dignity for all of his days. 

Bless you, @Sweet_Serenity for being such a grateful and devoted daughter.