Trusted Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity Your Dad, Calvin sounds like a wonderful man, and you sound like

such a loving Daughter, I can tell by the words of love and admiration you have written here.  It is so difficut to watch a parent's health decline.  My Dad was my tower of strength and wisdom, and when he became ill it rocked my world to see this man who I always thought would  be there slowly fade from us mind and body.  Your Dad sounds like he had more than a career, it was a drive to do the right thing, a very admirable trait.   Please thank your Dad for me, for his great sacrifice and dedication in serving our country.  Prayers for your Dad during this special chapter in his life's journey.

Respected Contributor

Prayers being sent.  Heart

Respected Contributor

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  God bless.

Esteemed Contributor

Prayers for you and your dad, @Sweet_Serenity. I know this isn't an easy time.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Prayer Request

[ Edited ]

@Vivian  My thoughts for peace and strength go out to you in the care of your husband, Alzheimers is tough on the heart strings.

Honored Contributor

Re: Prayer Request

[ Edited ]

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Please, If you are so inclined pray for my Dad Calvin. Last several months his memory continues to worsen. Now, The family is in process of settling him into a lovely caring safe environment. Sad watching his decline, man who served our country war veteran, Cornell University, successful attorney, and much more. 

Celebrate his life. His contributions not only personally, and professional. 

He stood up, and made a difference vocally in a time when social injustice was common practice. He didn't shy away from doing the right thing no matter what the cost meant personally. True hero! Man of integrity and compassion. 

Dad, God Bless You, Hold you close, comfort your soul. 💗

This is a powerfully, profoundly moving and inspirational tribute to your dear father, @Sweet_Serenity.    You bring tears to my eyes and a tug at my heart.   I said a prayer for him, and for all of you who will hold him in loving care during this transition.    You are blessed to have him...  and he most certainly is blessed to have you.   Please remember that you have a community of support here.   (((gentle hugs)))❤️ 

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity, my prayers go up and may the Lord God almightly wrap his loving arms around you and your family. Your Dad is a great man, truly blessed  

Trusted Contributor

Offering up prayers for your father and yourself, @Sweet_Serenity

🙏❤️🙏

I hope the adjustment to his new living arrangements goes smoothly, and you two enjoy much more time together.

Honored Contributor

So sorry.  I pray for everyone who was an "angel on earth".  You surely had one in your dad.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Dear Friends: 

Dad, Is settled in and doing well. Like each one of you to know that your prayers are working. The messages of encouragement mean so much. 

311582.gif