Honored Contributor

Please, If you are so inclined pray for my Dad Calvin. Last several months his memory continues to worsen. Now, The family is in process of settling him into a lovely caring safe environment. Sad watching his decline, man who served our country war veteran, Cornell University, successful attorney, and much more. 

Celebrate his life. His contributions not only personally, and professional. 

He stood up, and made a difference vocally in a time when social injustice was common practice. He didn't shy away from doing the right thing no matter what the cost meant personally. True hero! Man of integrity and compassion. 

Dad, God Bless You, Hold you close, comfort your soul. 💗

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity I lift up your Father to our Father.  Blessings to you and your family.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity ~ Offering prayers for your hero of a father.  ⚖️

Esteemed Contributor

Of course, @Sweet_Serenity, I will pray for your dear father, and you, as well.  He sounds like a great father and a truly honorable man.  Memory loss does not discriminate.  It is a time of great sadness for you, and also for him if he realizes what is happening to him.  Those of us who have experienced this with parents understand what you are going through.  You will find many ways of showing him your love.  God bless you and your dear dad!

Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity    It is very difficult to watch the decline of those whom we've respected and admired all our lives. My prayer is for the nickname you chose for yourself.  May you and yours be graced with Sweet Serenity in this challenging time.

In closing, I commend you for the honor with which you regard your father.   "Celebrate his life."  Yes.                                      --Mrs. G.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT 

Reading your kind words tears started again. Really is everything that you said. He was always independent. Now, Oh my it's even worse than anyone knew. 

Reached out here, knowing others had been there and would understand. 

I believe in prayers and God's mercy having experienced in my life grace. 

Thank you 💗

Esteemed Contributor

This post really resonated for me. My husband has Alzheimer’s and we are both Cornell graduates like the O/P’s dad. I say a little prayer every morning to start the day. I’ll be thinking of Calvin (my name if I had been a boy...another coincidence). I close my eyes and pray to get me and my husband through the day. May Sweet Serenity find the peace and true serenity that we need in order to deal with the challenges we face.

Honored Contributor

Related image

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity , I am sorry that you and your family dealing with this issue....it's very difficult to see our parents age.....God Bless your dad.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity   Your post touched my heart & brought tears to my eyes. It reminded me of my own dad who was loving,kind & selfless his entire life.

You’re so lucky to have such a wonderful dad in your life.Oh all the wonderful lessons he has taught you. I will of course keep him & you in my prayers!! 💐