Super Contributor

Re: Post Office shipping delays are not the fault of the shippers

To guaranteed Christmas delivery we had better start to order now
Honored Contributor

Years ago the sorting center near to us was ordered closed, now our mail goes to another state and then comes back to us.....ridiculous.

Super Contributor

You are absolutly right things have changed a lot and the Post Office has been trying to adjust to it, most of their workers are retiring and the younger people are taking jobs that pay more than these government jobs. I speak with my postal carrier and he informed me that some days he may have to cover two other routes besides his regular route. There are days he is delivering packages that other carriers transfer to them, my UPS guy be delivering packages most of the time after dark. We really need to think about the human hands that touch these items and automation can only do so much. In anything cost will always affect the way business is done.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I haven't noticed any slowdown or changes in my mail delivery.

@Kachina624 ,

Neither have I, but I haven't ordered from the q in years. I am pretty much Amazon prime, and even when it goes UPS to USPS it makes little to know difference.

A day here or there makes no difference to me. My orders are not emergency items, just things I need, or know I will need in the near future. 

Now my wife? In that respect we are about a 180. Me saying anything is something I learned decades ago is counter productive, so I zip it.

I hear everyday now things about USPS. However, I just tune most of them out, because to me it is pretty much speculative, nothing more.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

"I live in a major city and now we don't get mail delivery everday.  We miss 1 or 2 days a week".

@brandiwine 

A "major city"? Have no idea what that even means. Unless things have changed since recently, even non-major cities, usually get mail on scheduled days. 

We live in what some consider "pass through", and a couple other names, and our USPS still follows their creed. Something like: 

Wind/Rain/Snow the mail must go through. I am paraphrasing of course, but most know the thing.

Don't make much sense to me, but shuckies happen, I guess.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@ladyann45 wrote:

"and younger people are taking jobs that pay more than these government jobs."

@ladyann45 

What jobs might those be?  I have several friends that retired from USPS, and some of them have offspring that now work for USPS.

Their retirement for quite a few less  years of service than mine? Pretty close to double, and better overall benefits. Let me know what these higher paying jobs are so I can pass it along to people I know.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

@gramgrandkids1 Just finish my Christmas shopping,the last of the items will be receive on Monday by UPS for faster delivery..My local post office is doing a great job,I order a lot from etsy,and any issue with packages delays,I am sent a notice because I have sign up for usps tracking notification.

Every valentine and Christmas l leave 2 dozens doughnuts to my local postoffice,so they know me. My regular Mailmen gets a gift card and a bottle of wine for  birthdays and Christmas.

This year I have requested to family and friends is to donate monies to the Homeless shelter  and  to the Dog shelters instead of giving me gifts.This is something I do every month.

Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

"I live in a major city and now we don't get mail delivery everday.  We miss 1 or 2 days a week".

@brandiwine 

A "major city"? Have no idea what that even means. Unless things have changed since recently, even non-major cities, usually get mail on scheduled days. 

We live in what some consider "pass through", and a couple other names, and our USPS still follows their creed. Something like: 

Wind/Rain/Snow the mail must go through. I am paraphrasing of course, but most know the thing.

hckynut 🏒

@hckynut wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

@brandiwine 

hckynut 🏒

That means Denver CO.  Yes, everyone should get mail everday no matter where you live, but in our area that has stopped.  Just my experience.

Honored Contributor

My last two orders have gone completely missing thru the USPS and one from Fedex went from next day to a week.  One USPS package was thankfully found.  My HSN one they didn't even respond to.  I just had that one refunded.

It is Amazon only for me right now or the old fashioned buy it in store.  I trust nothing from anyone else until next year.  

QVC Customer Care