Honored Contributor

Post Office shipping delays are not the fault of the shippers

I ordered some staples from Amazon this morning, items that are running out of stock in local stores.  Before submitting orders I check post office and UPS delivery dates.  UPS is about 4 days faster.  I don't use it all the time because we are way out in the woods and those UPS trucks use a lot of gas.  Its easier to pick up small shipments at the Post Office once or twice a week.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Post Office shipping delays are not the fault of the shippers

In order to keep my customers happy, I would quit using USPS for any deliveries.  Then there won't be this HUGE problem.  I made the mistake of placing an order with the Q on a TSV and they shipped it UPS.  Then it was dropped off at my local USPS office.  Then poof!! It disappeared.  Had the Q shipped it all the way with UPS I would have gotten my order.  Business's need to use reliable shipping providers.

Honored Contributor

In my unique case, UPS will deliver to the house because there is no mailbox here.  I have a PO box. Amazon lets you choose your address.   But this shipping delay mess is not QVC's fault either.  Again, watch the news on cable TV.  

Honored Contributor

I haven't noticed any slowdown or changes in my mail delivery.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I pay one monthly credit card by mail as  I personally do not trust on line payment. I charge everything on this card and pay the total monthly. I noticed in July my payment was received and posted on the 20th. I just sent the August payment out today the 18th as received it yesterday the 17th.I figure that is a week later than usual.

I used to be able to send out a local greeting card and it was delivered overnight to my city. Now goes through two hubs  the first one 100 miles away then another 200 miles away.It takes five days, the same as sending out across country. 

This has been happening now for several years. Packages are all over the place from overnight with Amazon to two weeks with other senders. Posters have commented on the  crazy wayward routes of their shipments. UPS to USPS transfers (Mail Inovations) also slows delivery ,as we already know.  This  is not a new occurance for slow delivery. Many variables as where one lives and what day of the week and who knows what else? 

I hope they all are doing the best they can to deliver our mail and packages. There was a news clip the other night on a mail carrier delivering in  remote N. Mn. lakes until Oct. by small motorboat. The mailboxes were on their docks.

Respected Contributor

I live in a major city and now we don't get mail delivery everday.  We miss 1 or 2 days a week.  If I need to ship a package it's either with UPS or FEDEX.  I'm trying to order only from Amazon who delivers their own or from companies that use UPS or FEDEX.  

Honored Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

In order to keep my customers happy, I would quit using USPS for any deliveries.  Then there won't be this HUGE problem.  I made the mistake of placing an order with the Q on a TSV and they shipped it UPS.  Then it was dropped off at my local USPS office.  Then poof!! It disappeared.  Had the Q shipped it all the way with UPS I would have gotten my order.  Business's need to use reliable shipping providers.

Not necessarily @brandiwine 

I have had a box w/ 2 pillows in it stuck in a UPS hub about 3 hours from me for almost 2 months!

UPS loses stuff too!

(yes, I got credit, but sadly item sold out.  it happens)

Honored Contributor

USPS hasn't always been this bad.  They reported there have been a lot of problems with employees calling in sick with Covid-19, others working with them, quarantined.

USPS has had to hire and train temporary help.  During that time, packages had been backing up at the post offices. 

There has been a lot of overtime because of the shortages...even with overtime all the packages weren't being delivered on time because of continuing shortages of help.

Temporary help quickly trained are going to make errors.

I noticed it's been a problem with packages, not mail.  

Esteemed Contributor

I get very little real mail because I went paperless on bills and pay everything on line. Mostly I get those annoying circulars, catalogs and advertisements, everything I can see online if I was interested. IMO we could eliminate so much junk that clog our mailboxes and save some trees if we had the option of opting out of the junk. Then maybe packages could be delivered in a timely manner, not disappearing into a black hole like my mask order has. Not ordered from QVC. When tracked all is says is late, no further info. 2 weeks and who knows where it is.

Frequent Contributor

Also - some of my orders are “in processing” for days.  The delay has nothing to do with the shipping.  I’ve had good results from both UPS and USPS.  It’s the Q that has not been timely in shipping items.  I’ve also noticed that it can take a month or more for a return to be credited back to my card.  I guess they are short handed these days.  I’m ordering less.