Super Contributor

Re: Post About Co-Worker Leaving Her Dog Home Alone While She Took Vacation

@Himi lover wrote:
I remember the OPs nic, THEJBUGG. I haven't seen any posts at all from her. I'm actually thinking did she really call animal control? There was something she said in her original post that was a little off to me. I didn't bring it up at the time.

@Himi lover, yes the OP came back and told us that she called animal control.  They said they would check on the dog.  I would really like to know what finally happened.  @THEJBUGG if you're out there, please come back and let us know.  When the @ notification system starts working maybe she'll get this call out and come back and let us know.  I had forgotten what her nic was.

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Super Contributor

I just did a search for THEJBUGG's posts.  It doesn't look like she's posted on the new forum.  We may never find out about this dog. Did she post much before posting that thread?

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Trusted Contributor

NN, that post was the first I've ever seen with that nic. Something she said in that thread bothered me. She said her friend lived 45 min away. Everyone was on her case about calling AC. She comes back during that thread and says "their cars are in the driveway". Struck me as odd that she was posting and drove 45 min (to and from her home), in that short time. I was just wondering did she really call AC, especially since she's not been back for an update.
Super Contributor

@Himi lover wrote:
NN, that post was the first I've ever seen with that nic. Something she said in that thread bothered me. She said her friend lived 45 min away. Everyone was on her case about calling AC. She comes back during that thread and says "their cars are in the driveway". Struck me as odd that she was posting and drove 45 min (to and from her home), in that short time. I was just wondering did she really call AC, especially since she's not been back for an update.

She said that she Googled the address and on the Google map of their house their cars were in the driveway.  That's how she knew she had the correct address.

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Honored Contributor

I've been wishing and hoping for the best.  I can't stay on these boards because of eyestrain; hopefully O/P updated and all was/is well.  Still, I have a not-so-good feeling about the situation.  Hopefully the pup is o.k. and didn't have to be in that hot 100+ degree weather for a week.   All we can do is wish and hope that O/P called the humane society or a local society, who always has a heart and does a great job protecting pets.  Around here, that is.  Lots of dedicated volunteers, too, who are very good about keeping pets out of harm's way until the owners arrive back home.  Can't say enough good things about various local groups around here. Smiley Happy

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

Ok, thanks for telling me that. I thought it was the way I explained. I didn't know you could do that. I feel better now. I just think it's odd she hasn't come back for an update. Of course it was during the board transition.