Esteemed Contributor

Re: Positive feedback on E-Bay

No longer a fan of Ebay.  I do buy but I only buy from those who sell products with a theme.  Let me explain.  I buy square dance clothing.  I only look for sellers that only sell square dance clothing.  They are more aware of what they are selling.  I never buy electronics, I don't  trust everyone to  know what is being sold.  What I am trying to say is I check carefully the credentials of the seller and yes, reviews.  

I will never sell again on Ebay. Got some really crazy people who gave me a very hard time even though I followed all the guidelines etc.  I had one gal who did not even know her correct address and changed it on me three times after I send the item back and forth.  No more.  Ebay stopped the reviews on buyers long ago.  I WONDER WHY.  lol

Honored Contributor

Considering I only purchase from sellers who have above a 99.5% rating, I'd say, yes, positive feedback is extremely important.  I would think most experienced ebay buyers look at ratings first.  

Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 

If you are thinking the sellers get paid for the positive feedback, no, there's no cash involved but

there is repeat business and new customers look for positive feedback.

I don't understand why you would offer less than favorable feedback.

You bought an item, received in excellent condition, on time according to their parameters they set up and it matches the description then

give them the stars.  

If you are not satisfied, arrived damaged, didn't read the entire description accurately and bought from someone with low ratings, well, that's to be expected and lower your star rating.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Oh and Jack: The seller sent me the WRONG product and wanted me to change the feedback. I pay for something I expect to get what I request.

well that's beyond 

Honored Contributor

an example

on the board I follow for sellers on my platform

sellers ask 

I shipped a perfect item, on time at a good price but the seller gives me 4 of

5 star

and wonders why?  @Group 5 minus 1  that is what I meant by too low....

Honored Contributor

I leave feedback only if the seller has left it for me after I pay, because I have found over and over that if I leave positive feedback, so many sellers do not leave it for me.

A seller told me it didn't matter if my feedback was 100% positive because people with that have not paid, etc.

Honored Contributor

I am an avid ebay buyer for 17 years. i leave feedback as soon as my item is received. If it comes in a relatively prompt time frame, wrapped securely and is the right item as describedIi give glowing feedback. It takes time to wrap and mail, I apprciate that, especially if I know I got a very good price.