Esteemed Contributor

Re: Positive Thoughts For Tuesday

I would like to share a touching story I heard on the radio.

A girl was hospitalized and needed a blood transfusion.  Her younger brother was a perfect match, so the doctor asked him if he would be willing to donate his blood to his older sister.  He thought about it for a while and then agreed.  The process went well, and older sister was doing well.  The doctor expressed his appreciation to the little boy. At that point, the boy asked the doctor, "When am I going to die?"  Of course, this doctor realized he made a terrible error in describing this process to the boy.  Little brother thought he would die after giving blood.  The biggest revelation was that despite the fact he thought he would die, the boy was willing to give up his life for his sister.

Now I don't know for a fact that this story is true, but it touched me so deeply.  I am reminded there is no greater love than this...

I hope everyone has a blessed day, that we can rise above our earthly worries and concerns, and place our trust where it belongs.

As an aside, is GloriaJean posting anywhere else?  She is one amazing lady.

Peace to all.

Respected Contributor

Re: Positive Thoughts For Tuesday

@PamfromCT wrote:

I would like to share a touching story I heard on the radio.

A girl was hospitalized and needed a blood transfusion.  Her younger brother was a perfect match, so the doctor asked him if he would be willing to donate his blood to his older sister.  He thought about it for a while and then agreed.  The process went well, and older sister was doing well.  The doctor expressed his appreciation to the little boy. At that point, the boy asked the doctor, "When am I going to die?"  Of course, this doctor realized he made a terrible error in describing this process to the boy.  Little brother thought he would die after giving blood.  The biggest revelation was that despite the fact he thought he would die, the boy was willing to give up his life for his sister.

Now I don't know for a fact that this story is true, but it touched me so deeply.  I am reminded there is no greater love than this...

I hope everyone has a blessed day, that we can rise above our earthly worries and concerns, and place our trust where it belongs.

As an aside, is GloriaJean posting anywhere else?  She is one amazing lady.

Peace to all.

Hi @PamfromCT !

What a beautiful story...Thank you for sharing.

Wishing you a peaceful day.

Blessings and Hugs!