Esteemed Contributor

Re: šŸŒ¼Positive Thoughts For Saturday, December 30, 2017

Good-Morning-Beautiful-Coffee-Quote - Copy (2).png

Esteemed Contributor

19b453e477150e7ca9ce32ec889aeda7--quotes-about-winter-winter-quotes - Copy (2).jpg

Esteemed Contributor

aac3351a5a119d480f7108f17535ae90.jpg

Honored Contributor

No automatic alt text available.

Honored Contributor

http://images.indianexpress.com/2016/12/abstract-new-year.jpg

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

Related image

Auld Lang Syne : Lyrics

Should auld acquaintance be forgot, 
And never brought to mind? 
And auld lang syne! 

Chorus.-For auld lang syne, my dear, 
For auld lang syne. 
We'll take a cup o' kindness yet, 
For auld lang syne.

Meaning of Auld Lang Syne and Cup O' Kindness
The Meaning of 'Auld' is "Old" and the meaning of 'Lang Syne ' is "Long Since". The lyrics "We'll take a cup o' kindness yet" refers to the tradition of raising a glass, or a cup o' kindness meaning with "good will, friendship and kind regard" and in remembrance of "noble deeds". The custom of drinking a "health" at a special gathering to the prosperity  or good health of another dates back into antiquity. The old Christmas term  'Wassail' derives from Old Norse phrase 'ves heill' meaning "be healthy". So next time you sing Auld Lang Syne you'll now know its meaning!

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2018

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Trusted Contributor

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

Related image

Auld Lang Syne : Lyrics

And never brought to mind? 
And auld lang syne! 

Chorus.-For auld lang syne, my dear, 
For auld lang syne. 
We'll take a cup o' kindness yet, 
For auld lang syne.

Meaning of Auld Lang Syne and Cup O' Kindness
The Meaning of 'Auld' is "Old" and the meaning of 'Lang Syne ' is "Long Since". The lyrics "We'll take a cup o' kindness yet" refers to the tradition of raising a glass, or a cup o' kindness meaning with "good will, friendship and kind regard" and in remembrance of "noble deeds". The custom of drinking a "health" at a special gathering to the prosperity  or good health of another dates back into antiquity. The old Christmas term  'Wassail' derives from Old Norse phrase 'ves heill' meaning "be healthy". So next time you sing Auld Lang Syne you'll now know its meaning!

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2018

@AnikaBrodie ... Thank you so much, my friend, for explaining the meaning of this!! I always meant to look it up because it sounded odd to me!! Yes, now when l hear or sing it, l will know what it means!! 

I haven't been here daily because of how busy the holiday was. I waited till the day of Christmas to wrap most of my gifts...but l had such a great time with my siblings, et al, at my nephew's home...then to my sister's to have Christmas with her and her daughter (my niece and Goddaughter!) where the 3 of us opened our gifts to each other. Her daughter is here for 2 weeks from the other side of our country so this was a very special time for us to spend this quality time together!! We had a wonderful time! I still have more gifts to wrap for them so we'll celebrate another evening!! 

I hope your holiday season has been wonderful !! ...and this message is to all my friends here as well. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my friends!!! May 2018 bring you good health, happiness and wonderful times!! 

BIG HUGS TO ALL OF ((((((YOU)))))). 

Esteemed Contributor

It's been so long since I've been here!  Wishing all here a very blessed New Year - my grandgirls are close to 18 months now and oh so cute and fun! I take care of them maybe 4 days a week.  They keep me busy, but they are full of joy!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gloriajean wrote:

It's been so long since I've been here!  Wishing all here a very blessed New Year - my grandgirls are close to 18 months now and oh so cute and fun! I take care of them maybe 4 days a week.  They keep me busy, but they are full of joy!

Hello, @gloriajean !! I'm so happy to see you here because l wanted to wish you a very Happy New Year! My goodness, your granddaughters are 18 months old! Yes, they must be fun now at this age! Take care, (((gloriajean))). Hugs to you and your sweet granddaughters!! 

(A.k.a. LoveMyHandbags)

Honored Contributor

@gloriajean wrote:

@gloriajean

I asked one of the posters who is in touch with you to wish you and your family Happy Holidays.  I hope you received the message. I saw the picture of your adorable twins. They are precious and have grown so much since I saw their last picture. ā¤ļø

Wishing you and your family a blessed New Year.

We always enjoy seeing your posts and you are missed here.