Respected Contributor

Re: Poor Dan W. Everyday I read his FB page.

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@MENTL wrote:

Cancer is horrible and it doesn't matter who you pray to, there is no magic man in the sky.  I lost my girl in July and I can't even explain the pain and what I really feel inside my heart,  Actually, I want to die.

I am so sorry for your loss.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason for such tragedies.  I hope that with time you can heal and find a purpose in your life that brings you some sense of satisfacation.  We will all die soon enough,

There is certainly no rhymn or reason for all the tragedies in life from our limited human prospective.  On the other hand, God's ways are not our ways, if we understood God He wouldn't be God.  That said, while we will probably never understand any of man's pain here on earth but if we realize  that He loves us we know that He has our eternal good in mind. and will get us through if we trust Him.  This isn't easy I know.but the only conclusion I can come to. through my limited knowledge of scripture.

No one but those who are or have gone through such a loss or losses can understand but the thing that helped me most was the assurance that my loved one wasn't lost because I knew where He was (and is)

Respected Contributor

@koko4me wrote:

I just looked and if you type in www.cfdowningtown.com/wheeler should take you there.  Give it a try.

I watch it a couple of days ago, its about an hour and half long.  Mostly a sermon if your into that. Few songs, Dan dows get up at the very end.

I went to the link but not sure what to click on after getting there.  Lots of choices....

Honored Contributor

I'm not on Facebook and rarely go there at all  but I have been reading a few things that Dan has posted.They are heartbreaking and very sad and of course I send good thoughts their way. I think his posting is real theraputic for him. and all those good thoughts and prayers from everyone will help him thru this awful time. So more power to him. Things like this do take a long time to accept but he and his family will survive. I'm glad his lovely wife is at peace. She sounds like a wonderful person.

Esteemed Contributor

I think FB is like writing in a journal for DAN maybe, letting the grief out.  He is very lonely, maybe his family blood and church are not not much comfort. The children have their own lives though they are grieving, they have spouses and children to keep them busy.  Beth was Dan,s life.  

When I lost my husband and fur baby within one week, I had no one .  My children were busy with their lives.  It was not their Father or pet.  Many of crying days and nights for both.

I had to do something  so I started volunteering and went back to school.  The pain was still there, but I kept busy.  It took two years before I could stop crying for both of them every time Something reminded me, a picture, a place or a thing.  Now it,s the happy memories.  We all grieve different.  Time doesn,t heal, but makes it bearable.

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

PUPPY LIPS wrote:

MENTL wrote:

Cancer is horrible and it doesn't matter who you pray to, there is no magic man in the sky.  I lost my girl in July and I can't even explain the pain and what I really feel inside my heart,  Actually, I want to die.

I am so sorry for your loss.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason for such tragedies.  I hope that with time you can heal and find a purpose in your life that brings you some sense of satisfacation.  We will all die soon enough,

_____

@HiLo,

...."Hello hello !

I firstly wanted you to know how well written your personal feelings about tragedies and death, per 'se, ... are to you.

You are as knowledgeable about the contents, from the Holy Bible as anyone else who reads, trying to understand.

Hilo, life is no different than it was when Jesus walked the earth. Reading back through the scriptures, torture, plagues, illnesses -(anything today was there, then).  

I do not understand the Holy Bible as much as I would like, even reading through each day. Even Reverend Billy Graham told us many times, 'he, himself has many questions.

My father was one of the most devoted Christians I ever knew or probably ever will. He lived the teachings of Jesus. The 10 Commandents was his compass. 100%!!  Dad, prior to his death, read through his very old Holy Bible 16 times and memorized the entkre book of Matthew... and still had questions, but did accept God as the truth and never said to me, 'I wonder why, as I did and sometimes, still do'. I could never hold a candle to his knowledge, but he helped me through by how he understood, so all of my little excerpts were really from what I was taught, from example or on my own.

I did say once, here, "I do not believe that any one of us will know the answers of God's WISDOM until we are safely in to God's Heaven.

I have always known that our life is just a very short journey that we live and hopefully get through being happy and selfless, helping others in what we have, or with however __means we process.

My mother often quoted to me, 'life is a mystery'- that I do believe. Thank you for giving us your meaningful thoughts. I do appreciate you so much.

hugs, 

NAES

There is certainly no rhymn or reason for all the tragedies in life from our limited human prospective.  On the other hand, God's ways are not our ways, if we understood God He wouldn't be God.  That said, while we will probably never understand any of man's pain here on earth but if we realize  that He loves us we know that He has our eternal good in mind. and will get us through if we trust Him.  This isn't easy I know.but the only conclusion I can come to. through my limited knowledge of scripture.

No one but those who are or have gone through such a loss or losses can understand but the thing that helped me most was the assurance that my loved one wasn't lost because I knew where He was (and is)

Trusted Contributor

@Kalli wrote:

@koko4me wrote:

I just looked and if you type in www.cfdowningtown.com/wheeler should take you there.  Give it a try.

I watch it a couple of days ago, its about an hour and half long.  Mostly a sermon if your into that. Few songs, Dan dows get up at the very end.

I went to the link but not sure what to click on after getting there.  Lots of choices....

I'm having the same problem as koko4me did. I can get there, but don't find where to look. They offer much. I would enjoy that church if I were in that area.

Honored Contributor

It looks like they (re?) moved the video of the funeral.

Ask Dan on his Facebook page if you can still view the video?  Or, if you are not comfortable doing that, there is a contact link on the church site.

Trusted Contributor

My condolences to Dan and his family.   I lost my husband to cancer a few years ago so I do know what he is going through.     My advice (which of course he will never see) would be to go back to work.   Six months is a very long time.    Sitting at home alone would have been worse to me.    I went back  a week after the funeral.   How long did others of you stay out of work?  

Super Contributor

After my Dad passed (which was sudden), I returned to work a week later. My Employer was very accomodating, since he lived several States away, and I had several days to grieve with my Siblings before I came home. I was needed at work (nobody else could do my job) and I found that keeping busy (at work) helped me. I worked in the field (in a trailer) as a Drafter for guys who were installing Electrical Equipment in a High Rise Building. They were all nice to me and the Foreman had lost his Dad so he could relate to my feelings and stages of grief. All one can do is to take one day at a time. The memories are yours to keep, and to cherish.

Contributor

I just learned of his loss today.  My heart breaks for him and his family.  I will keep them in my prayers,