Trusted Contributor

Re: Poor Dan W. Everyday I read his FB page.

Dear Lulu2, Thank you so much for putting that link here so I could watch Beth Wheeler's service.

I think I misread the message that was put up on the board, for some reason I thought it was on Wednesday.

I certainly did not know Beth Wheeler, and I only know Dan like the rest of us know him from QVC, but I like him not only as a host but as a good Christian man.

I'm glad you didn't listen to another person and you put that link up for me.

I really appreciate that.

God bless you for doing that.

Harlene(lovestopaint)

Honored Contributor

I have been following his posts as well, and they are just heartbreaking. I am glad that he is able to verbalize his feelings so openly, as I think it will be healthy for his healing process.

And it is serving as a daily reminder to me, that life is so short and sometimes very fragile. We never know how long we will have those we love, and we should embrace and celebrate our relationships every day, let the small things go, and focus on the good. I'm just sorry he has to go through this.

Honored Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

I cannot understand anyone posting on Facebook after a loss of a precious family member.

Perhaps while not for you (or me either, just not something I would be doing), some do find support and strength in connecting with others through social media. It allows many more people to share, support, pray and be informed.

I find Facebook is often a source of drama and insincerity. But in Dan's case, I have found him, throughout the entire process, to be genuine,asking for prayer from those wishing to support him. It is important to him that he keep those who have known him as a host for so many years, informed about his wife's progress. People by the thousands have responded, prayed, and helped him hold up through this difficult time. Those really aren't bad things. And he has mentioned that he had read Beth many of the prayers and postings, and we will never know how much that may have helped her in her last days, knowing that the one she loved so much, was being left wrapped in a huge circle of love and support, beyond what anyone might expect in a 'normal' life. 

Frequent Contributor

I read his post on FB where he was asking for advice on how to get through the grieving process. As so many who have lost loved ones know, you never really "get over" it. I lost my 27 year old son to brain cancer 16 years ago, and some days are still like it just happened. You become a different person and learn to live your life in a new way - but, the sadness is always just below the surface. Most people never even know that it is there because you do learn to hide that side of yourself. Also, losing a child is very different from losing a parent or spouse. It just goes against the natural order of things. During the 6 years that my son battled the cancer, I just kept asking God to cure him and take me instead, but that wasn't to be. I miss my handsome, funny, fun-loving, kind hearted son.....and, I always will. 

Trusted Contributor

@MENTL wrote:

Cancer is horrible and it doesn't matter who you pray to, there is no magic man in the sky.  I lost my girl in July and I can't even explain the pain and what I really feel inside my heart,  Actually, I want to die.

I am so sorry for the pain you are going through.  Please seek counseling and a support group. Support groups are very helpful as you will be able to lean on others in the same situation, though in various stages of grief.  You will also at some point be able to offer support to others, which is very healing.  My best to you.  

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Contributor

Mrniceguy, so sorry to read about the loss of your son. I found your post to be so sincere and helpful. I can't imagine losing a child. Your right, it's out of the natural order of things in life. God bless you and may you always cherish the memories of your boy!

Occasional Contributor

If you go to Dan Wheeler QVC Facebook, it should be on there, it was as of yesterday.

Occasional Contributor

Occasional Contributor

I just looked and if you type in www.cfdowningtown.com/wheeler should take you there.  Give it a try.

I watch it a couple of days ago, its about an hour and half long.  Mostly a sermon if your into that. Few songs, Dan dows get up at the very end.

Esteemed Contributor

@mrniceguy wrote:

I read his post on FB where he was asking for advice on how to get through the grieving process. As so many who have lost loved ones know, you never really "get over" it. I lost my 27 year old son to brain cancer 16 years ago, and some days are still like it just happened. You become a different person and learn to live your life in a new way - but, the sadness is always just below the surface. Most people never even know that it is there because you do learn to hide that side of yourself. Also, losing a child is very different from losing a parent or spouse. It just goes against the natural order of things. During the 6 years that my son battled the cancer, I just kept asking God to cure him and take me instead, but that wasn't to be. I miss my handsome, funny, fun-loving, kind hearted son.....and, I always will

_____

@mrniceguy,

..."your words touched me so very much".

The first time I knew about death, was when my father's mother, my devoted' sweet grandmother, died.

I was at the age of nine years old. She was dying as I was doing what all young girls were doing, going to school, playing and trying to be at the top of the class, since I always had to show my report card to Mam.

Mam was the first school principal in our large city who was female. 

All of this stomach/intestinal cancer was not told to me until the last three days, prior to her death. I am knowing that she, being the strongest woman in the family, had her desires made. I had no idea what death really was, other than our family cat dying, which I grieved beyond description. She knew me this well.

At the funeral, I actually screamed out to her, telling her 'do not leave me', even stretching out my arms in to the ilse as the pallbearers carried her to the hearse, after the funeral.

I wanted her to stay and for me to be put away-anywhere- to have this unknown scary hurt to be 'no_more'. I would view that memory as trading, I suppose....

Next- was when I was sixteen and my mother's mom cried out in pain holding her arm and neck. I was watching mother pleaing 'No, mom you can not leave me'. I was clueless to what was happening until the emt came and took her to the hospital. I never saw her alive again, but absolutely knew my 

PRECIOUS mother was emotinally falling in to a form of both being frightened, as well as crying uncontrollably. We had to wait until dad came home then I felt complete comfort. My Heavenly father also was with me, the entire way, I just did not realize all of this, then.

Both knew everythng to do. Both were my HEROS.  Dad and mother taught us about God / Jesus all of our lives. 

I know that losing a child can not even be said , in the same breath, as losing a parent, which I have lost. My mother died early, my father not too long ago. 

I cannot or relate to losing a child. No, never. BUT! I can tell you...that you will see your loving son, again, One day when God tells you  'Come Home'.  

When I was nineteen-(while in nursing school), my brother's best friend...just as close to being a brother, was diagnosed having cancer... 

I loved him so very much. He was 17.  I went with his mother every 4 days while he was in treatment.

His mother told me, "I do not know if I will survive this". Please come and be there for Bob. He believes in you and you make him laugh, so it was my honor to give Bob that deep down love, just like a sister. We grew up together.  Heck, I was a top student and had not one bit of (what to do), other than confront the doctors; his mom was in what I believed - to be totally dysfunctional.

He graduated in May of that year and died 8 days later. In a way, he was like a child to me. My soul suffered terribly. I shunned God from my life. Something happened in July of that same year, I had this very warm, powerful force come over me, something that is indefinable to explain. I asked God to either kill my pain or help me understand why people have to -go through this_ STUFF.

I asked God thelp me or instill in to my reasoning why does this happen.

I felt this powerful sense of learning as much as I could and to re- direct me in to research, which I value so very much. I do understand death. It is not the final departure, but the Great Awaking to a glorious new life. I accepted God as my personal savior to guide me in every single choice, decision I would make fro that minute on. 

If you knew me, at that age, I was changing life choices, prior to taking an offer to become a selected beauty model .

I had no LIKEs of anything further about anything to do with ill patients, hospitals, or even answering to the proposals from doctors, actually no one man whom I had dated,  asking for me consider marriage.

I did, though by mere fate, unknown to me, meet my husband to be ...while at the hospital on the surgery side, by another head nurse asking me to check on another patient from the other floor.

He was a gift to be from God. Never was I to marry. I have been blessed in so many ways. I believe you can finish up the dream story, from what death taught me. 'He was told to family, he had no chance'.

..ps: I almost lost my husband 2 years ago to a stroke. I will tell  you about this unbelievable set of events-soon.

Sending Prayerful Healing. Your life matters to me.

Your son is with Jesus. He is a bright shining light helping others. I did lose our baby through a horrific miscarriage, and grieve to this day, on that month and day.

NAES