Respected Contributor

Poor Dan W. Everyday I read his FB page.

I know it's a part of life and we've all had to handle loss at one time or another, but my heart goes out to him during this time.  I don't like to see people so sad.  My heart aches for him.  He's so open about how much he loved his wife.  You don't see that a lot.  I hope he makes it through this OK.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

Re: Poor Dan W. Everyday I read his FB page.

I think he'll be okay.  In the service today, he gave a short talk.  He spoke about being in bed with Beth last week - his Sleep Number bed, which he was lucky to have, and if anyone was interested he could tell them where to get one - and could arrange six easy payments.  At that point, I felt relieved he still had a sense of humor.

Contributor

I agree.  I feel his pain.   I believe she held onto until she had him strong enough to go through ther passing  (if that is possible).   In dying, she taught him how to live.   My prayers are for Dan and his family at this terrible, terrible time.   

Honored Contributor

He will be ok. He seems to be very strong person. It's been a long battle. It will take time for the healing process. It does get easier as time goes by but the pain never goes away.

Super Contributor

Cancer is horrible and it doesn't matter who you pray to, there is no magic man in the sky.  I lost my girl in July and I can't even explain the pain and what I really feel inside my heart,  Actually, I want to die.

Respected Contributor

@MENTL wrote:

Cancer is horrible and it doesn't matter who you pray to, there is no magic man in the sky.  I lost my girl in July and I can't even explain the pain and what I really feel inside my heart,  Actually, I want to die.

@MENTL  i hope you continue healing and find new purpose in life to throw yourself into.  God bless you.

New Contributor

@MENTL wrote:

Mentl, I'm so sorry for your loss.  Hopefully you have family to help you cope.  Try to seek help from church and celebrate her life and all the wonderful memories you have. 

Honored Contributor

@MENTL wrote:

*******************  I am sorry for your loss, MENTL.  Cancer is horrible.  I pray with time you will find comfort in your memories.  I think your girl would want that.  I cried today for Dan and I shed a tear or two when I read this.  We care about your pain.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MENTL wrote:

I am so sorry for your loss.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason for such tragedies.  I hope that with time you can heal and find a purpose in your life that brings you some sense of satisfaction.  We will all die soon enough,

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Contributor

Mentl - I cannot imagine the pain you are going through. My husband is my best friend and truly my soul mate and I don't even want to think about life without him.  I guess the one positive in all the negative is that at least you knew real love in your life, even if it was not long enough.  So many people never get to experience that.  I hope that God will surround you with his love and help you through this pain.  She would not want you to hurt like this.  God bless you.