Respected Contributor

Pocket and purse size planners

Does anyone use them? This time of year I'm always attracted to them. I love making notes, lists, seeing my appointments written out. But I have a cell phone that does all of that and more. Heck I don't even have to go into my calendar function if I don't want to- I just tell my Google assistant or "Bixby" my Samsung version of Siri, what I need scheduled or listed and poof it's done.

But sometimes I miss the tactile, aesthetic pleasure of putting a pen to paper, in a pretty, well appointed planner. 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

Re: Pocket and purse size planners

Check Staples, Amazon or Office Depot. I’ve even seen them in Walgreens with the office supplies.
Honored Contributor

I've seen them at The Dollar Tree.

Irish Blessing
May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
The foresight to know where you're going, And the insight to know when you've gone too far.
Trusted Contributor

@fairydogmother    Yes, I still use a pocket planner even though I have an iPhone. I keep it in my purse for easy access. I tend to remember appointments if I write them down. I even have a large calendar from my town that I keep on the kitchen wall. I write in both of them.

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

Does anyone use them? This time of year I'm always attracted to them. I love making notes, lists, seeing my appointments written out. But I have a cell phone that does all of that and more. Heck I don't even have to go into my calendar function if I don't want to- I just tell my Google assistant or "Bixby" my Samsung version of Siri, what I need scheduled or listed and poof it's done.

But sometimes I miss the tactile, aesthetic pleasure of putting a pen to paper, in a pretty, well appointed planner. 

@fairydogmother   I'm still a pen to paper gal. I keep my shedule on a small desk planner. My ppointments are there, too...docs, hair, etc. I've had to trust my computer for client appts., but don't keep them on my phone. My Iphone doesn't sync to my computer, but that's another issue.

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

@fairydogmother   I've found very nice ones at TJ Maxx or Marshall's. I also purchase my daily journals there.

Honored Contributor

I  use them too.  I never use my phone for appts.  I got mine at grocery outlet.  I have seen them at dollar tree too.Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I still use a pocket calendar that is always in my pocketbook.   I too, have a smart phone that can do all this for me but I guess I am old school.  I don't have 100% confidence in electronics, I'm always worried things will "disappear" on me and then I would be lost.

Respected Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

I still use a pocket calendar that is always in my pocketbook.   I too, have a smart phone that can do all this for me but I guess I am old school.  I don't have 100% confidence in electronics, I'm always worried things will "disappear" on me and then I would be lost.

Bingo! I've had that same thought. What if I lose my phone or drop it in a bowl of soup (actually happened a few years ago 😬). I would never be able to recall my appts and other planned events. Is this just me being old? Haha. 
Hub and I also keep a wall calendar in the kitchen so that we can keep track of each other. 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

Oh yeah I'm a pen, paper, pencil person.  Gotta write, list, note, etc.  I live and do it daily.