Honored Contributor

Re: Pocket and purse size planners

@fairydogmother 

I know how you feel!  Love my 5 x 7 inch calendar on the side of the fridge.

I like being able to glance at something to get information ins

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I use all the time.

Honored Contributor

That's a blast from the past.  I put everything in my phone.  

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a 5x7 weekly planner that sits by the door and I look at it every morning not only for what I might have on the list for that day but as a reminder of what I have to do tomorrow and the rest of the week. I'll take it with me if I know I'm going somewhere  where I know I'll need to make a future appointment but otherwise it stays home. In today's world, the less information I keep on my phone the better.

Honored Contributor

I'm old school and prefer using a small purse calendar. I can write down an appointment or event quicker than doing it on my phone.  I also like seeing the month all at once. My calendar is thin, about the dimensions of a checkbook, and it's just the month at-a-glance, with only a very small area on each month for notes.  They usually cover two years.  I just bought my Lang 2022-2023 planner on Amazon a couple of weeks ago ($7.99). It easily slips into a purse pocket or compartment.  

Respected Contributor

I get a two year planner (check book size) from Amazon. I have kept them for years and write everything in them

I have kept mine forever (check book registers too) and every once in a while will need to look  something up. Brings back memories for sure.

Respected Contributor

@Melzie wrote:

I have a 5x7 weekly planner that sits by the door and I look at it every morning not only for what I might have on the list for that day but as a reminder of what I have to do tomorrow and the rest of the week. I'll take it with me if I know I'm going somewhere  where I know I'll need to make a future appointment but otherwise it stays home. In today's world, the less information I keep on my phone the better.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way about not relying on a cell phone to keep my entire life on it. 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

Does anyone use them? This time of year I'm always attracted to them. I love making notes, lists, seeing my appointments written out. But I have a cell phone that does all of that and more. Heck I don't even have to go into my calendar function if I don't want to- I just tell my Google assistant or "Bixby" my Samsung version of Siri, what I need scheduled or listed and poof it's done.

But sometimes I miss the tactile, aesthetic pleasure of putting a pen to paper, in a pretty, well appointed planner. 

@fairydogmother 

I've been cleaning out old files and the other day I came across several of my old Daytimers.  Boy, I loved those appointment books!   I just tried the Daytimer website ... they are still in business!