Respected Contributor

Re: Please tell me

[ Edited ]

@kaydee50 wrote:

I ask why do they need a host?  Let the vendor explain his/her product.

I agree. Problem is, the hosts never quit yakking long enough to let the vendor speak. For instance,  I was watching the Belle Beauty show earlier & was getting so annoyed how Jane would NOT quit talking and let KG speak about HER cosmetics!  Good grief, does JT ever take a breath?  Am starting to wonder why they even have the vendors on, as they hardly get a word in.

Contributor

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

@Miss Pepsi wrote:

In the early days the hosts had to know their products.  I miss those days. I am thinking if they cut down on a bunch of the product reps or just have the product reps and no host, they could save a ton of money.  I am not sure why they need a product rep for almost every single item.  To me it's ridiculous but then I am not the one running the show.

I agree.  I also don't like shows with more than one host.  They never used to have guests on with every product.  I have to laugh when they now have to have a Diamonique rep.  Then hosts like Mary Beth will be on there asking questions and acting like she's never seen it before when she's been selling it for 30 years.

I think extra hosts & guest vendors is a waste but I like Erin with Diamonique. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I"ve always liked the host-vendor procedure, I don't know why anyone would object as long as both do their jobs professionally.  It won't be any cheaper if only one person is involved.  No host can know about all these lines, a vendor or "ambassador" can study up. 

Frequent Contributor

Well I know you've heard this before but:

In the beginning of QVC- hosts did all the presentations. They actually did homework and learned about the products. They made their own notes and used them while making presentations.Actually in many cases,fashion for instance, much more info was given.All measurments were readily available for call-ins from shoppers. 

The products were given to the hosts and they used them at home to familiarize themselves.

Of course,the hosts were very professional. This is something sorely lacking in the training of new hosts Being professional does not mean stiff and not fun loving.We still have carry overs from these days. MaryBeth and Jane Treacy are the two that come quickly to mind.

But that was before all the pressure to "make a sale" became so prevelant.