Trusted Contributor

Why they need a vendor to explain winter socks.Come on,the hosts make good money let them explain.I am sure you all agree.we have seen these vendors for years saying the same thing the host should do explaining

Honored Contributor

All is money is good.

Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes it is nice to hear different points of view or maybe the host needs a voice break.  No big deal.

Honored Contributor

No big deal. I prefer hearing from the vendor, the person who actually had a hand in producing the product and knows more about it than the host.

Honored Contributor

I ask why do they need a host?  Let the vendor explain his/her product.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm with those who view a host as superfluous.  The vendor is the real "sales person."

Respected Contributor

Agree.  I have never liked the proliferation of venders for every product.  Before COVID, there were at least two people talking about every product.  Increased labor costs = increased product cost too.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Trusted Contributor

Re: Please tell me

[ Edited ]

In the early days the hosts had to know their products.  I miss those days. I am thinking if they cut down on a bunch of the product reps or just have the product reps and no host, they could save a ton of money.  I am not sure why they need a product rep for almost every single item.  To me it's ridiculous but then I am not the one running the show.

Respected Contributor

The worst  for me was two hosts in the studio , one host on Skype at home and a vendor on Skype. Could not tolerate, stressful and a quick turn off. Glad that didnt last long!  Seemed like such waste of Host work time.

Respected Contributor

@Miss Pepsi wrote:

In the early days the hosts had to know their products.  I miss those days. I am thinking if they cut down on a bunch of the product reps or just have the product reps and no host, they could save a ton of money.  I am not sure why they need a product rep for almost every single item.  To me it's ridiculous but then I am not the one running the show.

I agree.  I also don't like shows with more than one host.  They never used to have guests on with every product.  I have to laugh when they now have to have a Diamonique rep.  Then hosts like Mary Beth will be on there asking questions and acting like she's never seen it before when she's been selling it for 30 years.