Honored Contributor

Re: Please tell me not to do this!

@FuzzyFace

Only you know what you really want to do, so just proceed from there. While I do ask my wife for opinions, she knows which way I am leaning anyways.

Bad back? Mine is minus 3 lumbar discs after 2 back surgeries, so I can "kinda" relate. My back has seldom been the deciding factor in any of my physical activities. Did they make my back sore? On occasion, but I am able discern tight muscles from nerve pain, thus know my limits.

I say: Get out in your garden!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@FuzzyFace

Which can you most easily tolerate:

A dead plant

Pain in your back?

I'd save that plant, but I am an idiot when it comes to doing what I really want, and darn the pain later.

In March I climbed 400 steps down and back up to see the salt mines in Poland.  My new Left knee was only 9 weeks old.

OUCH

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

If your back will remain at 6 or 7 either way, I would get out there and do it. Now, keep in mind I didn't say that would be wise, but that's what I would do.

Honored Contributor

@FuzzyFace....I feel your pain and understand the desire to 'do'....even when you should not.  Years ago I had a MAJOR strain to my back...I sprained my pelvis and I could not even wear pants because I was so 'twisted'....doctor orders were not to lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk....it was a very long summer for me but I followed orders....let your hubby do the outside work...and you supervise.

Trusted Contributor

that's exactly what I did, John; lol My husband did most of the heavy lifting--literally. I'll be really interested to see how this turns out.

Thank you all; Woman Happy

!

Honored Contributor

@Drythe

Liked reading your story and what you decided. Now you are my kind of person! New knee was pretty new for sure, and I am sure you suffered some from your decision. Some people just like to "put it out there", looks like we are on the same page there.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynut

@hckynut wrote:

@Drythe

Liked reading your story and what you decided. Now you are my kind of person! New knee was pretty new for sure, and I am sure you suffered some from your decision. Some people just like to "put it out there", looks like we are on the same page there.

hckynut(john)

John,

Thank you, we are frequently on the same page.  After all, how many times will I see Poland?

Best to you and your family, furry and otherwise.  Smiley Happy

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

You have a choice.

1.  garden and hurt worse - just don't complain about the pain if you garden

2.  don't garden and let your back heal.

It seems like a no-brainer to me.

Trusted Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

You have a choice.

1.  garden and hurt worse - just don't complain about the pain if you garden

2.  don't garden and let your back heal.

It seems like a no-brainer to me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah ha! But what if one has no brain?????  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

garden is not that important!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller