Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please send good thoughts & prayers for my brother-in-law

@denisemb wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@denisemb 

May all the positive energy flowing from your QVC friends lift your brother-in-law in a swift and complete healing.

Magicmoodz, I'm convinced it was everyone here whose positive energy got him through the surgery so well.  I can hardy believe how quickly he's "bouncing back" after such a lengthy surgery.

Nurse said he's moving his arms and legs, and when asked his name, his wife's name and where he lives, answered correctly, coherently and promptly!  YAYYYYYYYY!

Doctor said he'll be moved from ICU very soon to a regular room where they'll do physical & occupational therapy for 5 to 7 days, and depending if he needs more, will go to a rehab facility.  They said he isn't speaking much, but that too is normal for him, surrounded by strangers.

I'm the happiest SIL in the world thanks to all you wonderful people and I sincerely thank you on behalf of myself, BIL, sister & niece.  Woman Very Happy  Blessings and hugs to you all.

@denisemb 

This is wonderful news!  I am so happy for you and your family. Your story touched me in a personal way as my mom succumbed to brain cancer.

I hope your brother-in-law keeps getting stronger with each passing day. Meanwhile let's continue to shower him with prayers, positive energy and good intentions.❤️

Respected Contributor

@magicmoodz  Ohhhh, I am so sorry to hear about your mother. Woman Sad

UPDATE:  Well, the good news keeps coming (you guys sure have powerful good wishes and prayers!).

BIL was moved out of ICU earlier this week and has been walking with his P.T.  and communicating more (he is hard of hearing, but hates his hearing aids, so I didn't realize they were at home until sister mentioned it - that could be the reason he wasn't speaking much).

Best news - the biopsy came back benign!  Wahoo!  So now it's a matter of regaining his strength and healing.

Thanks again for your kind thoughts and words.

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

My thoughts & prayers are with you & your family. 🙏 💐

Regular Contributor

Praying for positive outcome for your brother-in-law and for peace and calm for your sister.

Respected Contributor

So glad he's doing so well. Thank goodness his tests came back negative. 

Honored Contributor

Absolutely!

Trusted Contributor

@denisemb  Prayers for your brother !!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

@magicmoodz  Ohhhh, I am so sorry to hear about your mother. Woman Sad

UPDATE:  Well, the good news keeps coming (you guys sure have powerful good wishes and prayers!).

BIL was moved out of ICU earlier this week and has been walking with his P.T.  and communicating more (he is hard of hearing, but hates his hearing aids, so I didn't realize they were at home until sister mentioned it - that could be the reason he wasn't speaking much).

Best news - the biopsy came back benign!  Wahoo!  So now it's a matter of regaining his strength and healing.

Thanks again for your kind thoughts and words.

@denisemb 

Thank you for your kind words. And thank you for sharing such positive news!  I am so happy for you and yours!

Respected Contributor

Re: Please send good thoughts & prayers for my brother-in-law (Another Update)

[ Edited ]

sAhhh, not so good.

BIL went to nursing home and was doing well - until this past weekend.

Had fever and pain in his side.  Transferred back to hospital where he had an infection, which had gotten to his bloodstream (NOT good).   A scan showed his kidneys were shutting down, which I guess is not uncommon with sepsis.

They give him 6 months.

I STILL appreciate your good thoughts and prayers.  Please turn them to a painless as possible outcome, and strength to my sister and family.  Thank you, I'm still processing this.  BIL is rough around the edges, but a very good soul!

Denise
Honored Contributor

Re: Please send good thoughts & prayers for my brother-in-law (Another Update)

@denisemb wrote:

sAhhh, not so good.

BIL went to nursing home and was doing well - until this past weekend.

Had fever and pain in his side.  Transferred back to hospital where he had an infection, which had gotten to his bloodstream (NOT good).   A scan showed his kidneys were shutting down, which I guess is not uncommon with sepsis.

They give him 6 months.

I STILL appreciate your good thoughts and prayers.  Please turn them to a painless as possible outcome, and strength to my sister and family.  Thank you, I'm still processing this.  BIL is rough around the edges, but a very good soul!

I'm so sorry, @denisemb.💔   You are a good soul, too.

My prayers for your brother-in-law, for all who love him, and for his medical team.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova