Trusted Contributor

Re: Please pray for us who will be hit by hurricane Florence!

@Laura14 You stay safe too Laura. It sounds like it is anybodys guess what this storm w3ill do one it gets to the coast. 

Honored Contributor

@webbgarner1  Thank you.  I think we'll just get rained on here in North GA but I've learned never to underestimate a hurricane or its path.  Ever.  

Trusted Contributor

@Laura14  you are so right

Respected Contributor

Praying for the people of NC, SC, VA please be safe, I am praying for you and your pets that you are all alright and ride out this hurricane. We are with you!

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

@webbgarner1 wrote:

@Shanus  We you  in NC during Hazel? That was a little before my time, but it is well known for being a monster. My Mother use to say, there was no way to get out of this area after it hit, trees covered all the roads. As a kid  I can remember going with a family from church to a beach house many years ago. There was a visible water line on the walls where the tidal surge and flooding marked the walls, reached almost the ceiling. And it was an elevated house. Could not believe it withstood that. . The man said it was a result of hazel.

@webbgarner1  Hazel was a whopper of a hurricane...I was only 6, but will never forget it. It ripped the roofs off several of my Dad’s manufacturing plants (made children’s clothes). Damage every where you looked. Trees on top of covers, etc. So scary when young...guess scary at any age. 

Honored Contributor

Prayers for everyone here who is in the path of this storm. I wish we could stop it from happening, I feel scared for everyone.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dear Friends,

I'm signing off now.  

DH and I are going to Co-direct a Co-shelter (people & animals) for the next 3 days more or less.  Will also be managing a CAMET unit (you can look this up as CAMET Unit NC, this one is fitted for animals)  We'll be doing the animal part only at the shelter although DH is an EMT.

We have NEVER CO-directed before, we have worked in the same unit with one of us in charge, but not Co-directed,  THIS SHOULD BE INTERESTING!

We are splitting so we can swap off 12 hour shifts and one of us be on the ground, (so to speak) and one of us can be at home (as of course we're in the path) with our animals, and my 91 year old Dad and his two.

I'm taking the night shift tonight, we'll continue to swap unless one of us gets trapped at home or the shelter, then we're each prepared to hold things together where we are.  We'll have brief EMT/CERT radio contact if need be.

We are expecting a small group of animals who are being shifted up from a Wilmington shelter.  Most of them will be going West.

Please watch out for any animal you can help & keep your own locked up.

You'all hold hands and I'll see you at the playground when it's all clear.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

God go with and bless your efforts, @Drythe! That's so thoughtful of you and your DH. 

Many prayers going up from VA to all at risk from Florence, as well as the system near the Gulf and the storm in Hawaii. 

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic@agnesann@Drythe@Greeneyedlady21@Shanus

Still praying🙏🏻

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe wrote:

Dear Friends,

I'm signing off now.  

DH and I are going to Co-direct a Co-shelter (people & animals) for the next 3 days more or less.  Will also be managing a CAMET unit (you can look this up as CAMET Unit NC, this one is fitted for animals)  We'll be doing the animal part only at the shelter although DH is an EMT.

We have NEVER CO-directed before, we have worked in the same unit with one of us in charge, but not Co-directed,  THIS SHOULD BE INTERESTING!

We are splitting so we can swap off 12 hour shifts and one of us be on the ground, (so to speak) and one of us can be at home (as of course we're in the path) with our animals, and my 91 year old Dad and his two.

I'm taking the night shift tonight, we'll continue to swap unless one of us gets trapped at home or the shelter, then we're each prepared to hold things together where we are.  We'll have brief EMT/CERT radio contact if need be.

We are expecting a small group of animals who are being shifted up from a Wilmington shelter.  Most of them will be going West.

Please watch out for any animal you can help & keep your own locked up.

You'all hold hands and I'll see you at the playground when it's all clear.

Sending you love, prayers, and support, (((@Drythe))).❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova