Trusted Contributor

Re: Please pray for us who will be hit by hurricane Florence!

07FA9F55-F1BA-479F-860D-931BE1DF4A9F.jpeg

For protection, courage & mercy! 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus front loaders are the machine of choice for daiquiris and other frozen drinks.  There was a whole wall of them in a bar outside LSU each with a different flavor inside.

The more you know...

Seriously, stay safe!  Heart I'll be toasting to Flo's quick departure for all of you.

Honored Contributor

Sending a million tiny prayers your way. So sorry for your loss.

Thinking of those in the path of Florence and praying God will keep you safe.  Also praying that people will heed the warnings.  

Esteemed Contributor

Prayers.  And please get out.  Don't hang around if you have been asked to evacuate.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Shanus front loaders are the machine of choice for daiquiris and other frozen drinks.  There was a whole wall of them in a bar outside LSU each with a different flavor inside.

The more you know...

Seriously, stay safe!  Heart I'll be toasting to Flo's quick departure for all of you.

@Laura14  I’m a 1/2 glass of wine Gal and then can tell some unladylike jokes. I “practiced” drinking a Cosmo (like the color & can’t taste the vodka 🤪) so I could have one to celebrate my 70th in July. I did it! ...even walked on my own after dinner.  THANKS for safety “toasting”.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14

I have seen front loaders, just about every bar up and down Duval St in Key West has them

@Laura14 wrote:

The more you know...

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox  One of my favorite memories from college.  Smiley Very Happy

And since Flo may be dropping a bit towards GA, I may be firing my own laundry up myself.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Barbara-QVC wrote:

Hoping everyone in the SC/NC/VA area stays safe!

Barb

Thanks. That means a lot. Keep our Forums going in case we lose power & internet in NC and other areas. I’ll be back posting away as soon as the dust clears. I pray we ALL will.

Shanus

@Shanus   It is okay to stay here Shanus, but last year when I was hit, I stayed on Facebook.  That way family and friends could get me help if I needed it.  Luckily I had invested in several Halo Bolts.  I was able to have lights and chargers ready to go.  

I stayed in my small bathroom.  LOL  It was crowded in there.  Futon Mattress, Food, Water, The dog, 2 laptops, 2 ipads, food and water.   It got real quiet at one point around 3 am, So I went to look out and it was real calm.  Everyone on facebook was yelling, you are in the eye , get back in.  I was lucky, never lost power.  I was the only street with power for several days.  (figure that one out) I was grateful.  So be safe and prepared, that is all you can do at this point. 

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus Your mother is lucky to have you. You will be blessed for looking over her. You guys be safe. 

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus  We you  in NC during Hazel? That was a little before my time, but it is well known for being a monster. My Mother use to say, there was no way to get out of this area after it hit, trees covered all the roads. As a kid  I can remember going with a family from church to a beach house many years ago. There was a visible water line on the walls where the tidal surge and flooding marked the walls, reached almost the ceiling. And it was an elevated house. Could not believe it withstood that. . The man said it was a result of hazel.