Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please pray for us who will be hit by hurricane Florence!

I am  praying for everyone who is located in the vicinity of Florence to be safe.  If you have pets, the Throwaway Dogs Project is requesting that you write your pet's name and your phone number on their belly with a marker.  Collars can come off and chips cannot be read without internet.  Please keep every member of your family safe and don't leave your pets behind.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

@this is my nic wrote:

Sept 6, 1996 NC was hit by hurricane Fran. Most of the state was affected, especially the eastern half.  We had no power for about a week, some areas took longer. The forecast was for our are in central NC to be spared the worst, we were not spared. We were hit hard.   So, we were not well prepared.  

Now, hurricane Florence is supposed to follow the same track.  This time, we are stocking up on things we wished we had, but that won't provide protection. 

Please keep us in your prayers.  High wind and heavy rain are part of hurricanes.  Many homes will be damaged or destroyed by falling trees or wind.   Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. 

It’s a category 2 now.  I live in Central NC and I’m prepared as much as I can be.  Pretty stupid of NC to put the major electrical grid by the beach.  Don’t you think?  

@GSPgirl

And a now aging nuclear power plant much too close to the regular path for my comfort. 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Local forecaster said to have emergency plan in place in case high winds mean to go to basement, walk-in closets or bathrooms w/o windows. He suggested to plan now where you’d go. Stock the area w/ pillow, blanket, flashlight, water, if pets...have newspaper and plastic bags for waste. Bring in there snacks for them and yourself. Will do that tomorrow morning. 

Already did all laundry and washed towels. Brought all extra towels, etc. from upstairs to dry off dogs. DH is tying our front porch rockers to wrought iron fence and I have patio furniture secured. 

Wishing everyone a safe week...keep your heads on straight and try to relax & breathe. When Fran hit, I did a little yoga and meditated. Couldn’t hurt, right?

Honored Contributor

Sadie’s & Molly’s Beagle Condo anchored to the fence. C65AF369-B755-48DB-B5F5-74C29D12BC70.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Local forecaster said to have emergency plan in place in case high winds mean to go to basement, walk-in closets or bathrooms w/o windows. He suggested to plan now where you’d go. Stock the area w/ pillow, blanket, flashlight, water, if pets...have newspaper and plastic bags for waste. Bring in there snacks for them and yourself. Will do that tomorrow morning. 

Already did all laundry and washed towels. Brought all extra towels, etc. from upstairs to dry off dogs. DH is tying our front porch rockers to wrought iron fence and I have patio furniture secured. 

Wishing everyone a safe week...keep your heads on straight and try to relax & breathe. When Fran hit, I did a little yoga and meditated. Couldn’t hurt, right?

@Shanus

My little Magnolia (Maggie-maye) and I huddled under the magic blue blanket together.

She has crossed the bridge, but I know she and all our fur loves who are there will be watching and sending love to us.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus

My little Magnolia (Maggie-maye) and I huddled under the magic blue blanket together.

She has crossed the bridge, but I know she and all our fur loves who are there will be watching and sending love to us.

@Drythe Sorry about your sweet girl not being with you. I still have my magic blue blanket that my brother and I huddled under in our hallway during Hazel. That’s a mighty old, but protective blanket! 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus

@Drythe Sorry about your sweet girl not being with you. I still have my magic blue blanket that my brother and I huddled under in our hallway during Hazel. That’s a mighty old, but protective blanket! 

@Shanus

I still have mine as well!

QVC Customer Care

Hoping everyone in the SC/NC/VA area stays safe!

Barb

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus

@Shanus

I still have mine as well!

@Drythe 😘

Honored Contributor

@Barbara-QVC wrote:

Hoping everyone in the SC/NC/VA area stays safe!

Barb

Thanks. That means a lot. Keep our Forums going in case we lose power & internet in NC and other areas. I’ll be back posting away as soon as the dust clears. I pray we ALL will.

Shanus