Respected Contributor

Please pray for us who will be hit by hurricane Florence!

Sept 6, 1996 NC was hit by hurricane Fran. Most of the state was affected, especially the eastern half.  We had no power for about a week, some areas took longer. The forecast was for our are in central NC to be spared the worst, we were not spared. We were hit hard.   So, we were not well prepared.  

Now, hurricane Florence is supposed to follow the same track.  This time, we are stocking up on things we wished we had, but that won't provide protection. 

Please keep us in your prayers.  High wind and heavy rain are part of hurricanes.  Many homes will be damaged or destroyed by falling trees or wind.   Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please pray for us who will be hit by hurricane Florence!

@this is my nic You and your family, friends, and neighbors are in my prayers.  Keep us posted to let us know how you are doing.

Here in South Carolina we are getting ready too.  We spent the afternoon trimming tree limbs and cleaning the gutters. The weather the past few days has been odd; it can be very sunny yet it will rain.  Look one direction and the sky is a pretty blue and the other direction is dark.  

Occasional Contributor

Keeping all in the path of this storm in my prayers nd I will be thinking of everyone in it's path. Stay safe and God Bless! 

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic- I've tried to post three times and keep getting that error message.

I'm so sorry to hear you're in the path of that hurricane; I know how frightening it must be.  I'll certainly say prayers for you.  Please let us know, when you can, that you're okay.  Heart

Respected Contributor

@Venezia

Thank you so much!  BTW, I love your name!  We've visited Venice twice and hope to return.  I hope I haven't gotten my cities mixed up!  Anyway, we've been from the northern mountains to Sorrento and absolutely love it! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

15ecbcce9a1db4245435b1779aa45513.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@this is my nic, my thoughts and prayers will be with you too, as I am also in Central NC and I remember Fran very well.  It seems ironic that this one is taking the same track 22 years almost to the day (give or take a few) since Fran came through.  I posted some of my other memorable hurricane experiences on the thread "Hurricane Florence 9/9/18 based on model"... in Community Chat.  You probably aren't as old as I am, so you may not have been here for Hurricane Hazel in 1954. I wasn't old enough and we didn't know enough back then to be as anxious as I am about this one.  It's odd that Hazel, Fran, and Florence all seem to take the same path. I hope everyone prepares and stays safe in the coming days.

Trusted Contributor

You and your neighbors are in our prayers here in south Florida.  I've been here, near the coast for over 30 years and know firsthand how stressful this can be.  Thank God the forecasting for these storms has improved so much in the last 20 years.  It provides ample time to prepare and that's what it takes to be safe.  If you are inland, one thing I heard was that this may be quite a rain event.  If you can, spread the word to everyone to clear away any debris around storm drains before the storm to help prevent flooding.  Please let us know how you are doing and please stay safe!

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic, and everyone,

Please stay safe, stay indoors and be prepared! Sending prayers, god bless,

https://www.tohowater.com/news/PublishingImages/blog%20hurricane-kit%20image.png

Honored Contributor

My prayers go out to all people and animals in harms way. Do the best you can to protect your property but evacuate if necessary.