Honored Contributor

Re: Please pray for my husband

[ Edited ]

@hckynut

Your welcome, John.  It was one of the hardest things I ever did. At least if you try the "tough love" way you have a chance.  Enabling just adds fuel to the fire. It never works.

I hope your friend finds his way back.  I said a prayer for him. It's never too late.

Regular Contributor

Prayers sent.....

Honored Contributor

@qvc2022 wrote:

Please pray for my husband who is overcome by alcohol addiction.  He has been a wonderful husband for 32 years and now fully overwhelmed by alcohol--please consider praying for this dear man who finds himself lost

@qvc2022  YOU take care of yourself. 

Esteemed Contributor

@qvc2022, may God bless on this journey.  I pray for your DH's recovery and your strength.  LM

Regular Contributor

Praying for both of you...

Respected Contributor

Support for you and your husband for the journey ahead. 

Super Contributor

Prayers for your husband and for you! Hope he is able to overcome this disease.

Honored Contributor

@qvc2022,   Of course I'll pray for your husband and for you, and for all those who will join together to do their best to help and support you both.   I agree with those who encourage you to find a group, such as Al-Anon, which can provide information, education, guidance...  and sometimes just those crucial hearts and souls that will listen, hear and understand, and a willing shoulder you can lean on.   My heart goes out to you, your husband, and to all those posters who were compassionate and courageous enough to share their stories here.   (((hugs to all of you)))❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

Prayers for you both. You'll need support as well. We all have stories so we can relate. I waited throughout chilhood for dad to get help. It didn't come until I was an adult and he was ready to change. May your husband be at this place now and you both get your quality life back soon.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Going It Sober ...and In the News: June 23, 2015 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step...: