Valued Contributor

Re: Please help decipher this review.

Sometimes English is their second language and deciphering what someone is trying to convey is difficult, but it also could just be a sloppily written comment.

Honored Contributor

My first guess is the review was written by someone of another nationality, and proof reading wouldn't have changed a thing.

In this area, many residents came from Lebanon, Italy, Greece, Pakistan, Poland, Korea, Phillipines, and Mexico, and while they have learned to communicate well in English, their words still reflect the fact English isn't their first language.
Honored Contributor

Judge Judy cannot read phone text.  She always gives the phone to Bert to read out the text for her. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Maybe English isn't her first langurage?

Respected Contributor

@haddon9 

That's possible, but I think it's a result of using a speech to text app.  My daughter uses that because it's faster than typing.  She has said she looks back at it and is horrified to see what came up.  

BTW,  no, this was not an attempt to criticize as suggested by another member. 

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

@haddon9 

That's possible, but I think it's a result of using a speech to text app.  My daughter uses that because it's faster than typing.  She has said she looks back at it and is horrified to see what came up.  

BTW,  no, this was not an attempt to criticize as suggested by another member. 

@this is my nic   I have an Etsy shop and in the past have gotten messages from people who don't speak or write in English.  I've tried to decipher some of their comments using google translate and boy you should see what comes up sometimes!  Talk about "lost in translation"!  LOL! 

If I'm sending a message and translating it into another language, I always translate it back (to English) to see what it says and then I have to go over it again carefully choosing new words to get my message across well...hope that makes sense!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@fancy pantsy wrote:

i would walk on by that particular review.  if the writer can't take a moment to proofread and confirm what they are posting, then i wouldn't care to hear what they have to say about the products or the company.  

This 😊

Respected Contributor

There are lots of people that never learned how to spell and would never use spell check and I'm not talking about their second language. 

I see it at all ages on another chat room I'm in. It's sad but that's the way it is, at least they are typing and involved. 

Valued Contributor

They've bought from talbots before and now the prices are high but the quality is cheaper. Also, be aware that most times when there are spelling or grammar errors, that can be because of bots. they create fake accounts and do tons of reviews that are all fake. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop