Honored Contributor

Re: Please give me a few moments i need to say something..

I do not understand why is its so necessary to get the approval from strangers, I always look inside of my self for this and if the world does not like it to bad

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

MaryAnne, you are a good person with honorable intentions. I'd like to think I'm kind, too. The quality of my life improved leaps and bounds when I embraced these three thoughts --

1. People in general need me -- more than I need them (people can no longer hurt me like I used to allow them to do)
  2. I can stand and 'shake the dust off my feet' and state 'this is not acceptable to me' with no explanation offered. We don't have to over-express or over-explain ourselves
  3. I stopped 'throwing my precious pearls before swine.' For too many years I forgot about this terrific teaching from the Sermon on the Mount. It gives us kind folks permission to take very good care of ourselves in this tough world.

Please don't allow random, insignificant people hurt you. You're too special!

Oh I LOVE this..especially the pearls befire swine..I think of that scripture alot..seems there are alot of swine out there these days..I've also learned to speak up for myself! xxx

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Trusted Contributor

I always enjoy your posts especially about youe pond babies !!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrote:

MaryAnne, you are a good person with honorable intentions. I'd like to think I'm kind, too. The quality of my life improved leaps and bounds when I embraced these three thoughts --

1. People in general need me -- more than I need them (people can no longer hurt me like I used to allow them to do)
  2. I can stand and 'shake the dust off my feet' and state 'this is not acceptable to me' with no explanation offered. We don't have to over-express or over-explain ourselves
  3. I stopped 'throwing my precious pearls before swine.' For too many years I forgot about this terrific teaching from the Sermon on the Mount. It gives us kind folks permission to take very good care of ourselves in this tough world.

Please don't allow random, insignificant people hurt you. You're too special!

@jeanlake

We read from the same page.  I learned long ago to pick myself up, shake myself off, and decide if it was best for ME to walk away.  If it was, I did & I did not look back.

'Casting Pearls Before Swine' was one of my beloved Grandmother's favorite saying.  I think it SO often, but rarely say it out loud.  There are many people who are mean, hateful, ignorant (and I do NOT mean uneducated) because they choose to be.  They get pleasure, glee, a sense of control, or power out of it.  They don't want to change, they LIKE the way they are.  They like to hurt, or stomp on other's joy, and will hunt for you just to take another bite if you let them.  You can not help them, you can not teach them, it is a waste of your 'pearls'.

I have one or two of them following me, as I think many of us do.

Thanks for the reminder.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi- I know I'm one of many who don't normally respond to your posts, but I always read them and enjoy them. You speak from the heart with no ill intent to anyone. How sad that another person is so angry with the world (or maybe themselves), that they seem to take a sick pleasure in trying to hurt you and others.

Honored Contributor

I would never have thought that this poster would be the type to overreact to nothing.  They say you never really know a person until you see how they react to under stress.  I suppose we never really know a poster until we see how she reacts to not being loved and adored.  One poster....one out of the many who love her posts and look forward to them and appreciate them and tell her that almost every day....one poster says something that rubs her the wrong way and she acts like it's the end of her world.  I can't  begin to understand that but I think it serves to remind us that we don't "know" anyone on this board.  We only know who they want us to think they are.  

Trusted Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi.....I have learned something.... we can choose to be a victim or we can choose to allow others to have opinions and hold our heads up high.  There are are other choices along the continum but those seem to be the two that are at the far ends.  Best of luck.  

Esteemed Contributor

Stop and think......

Did you have a better day today because you know that @Still keeper of the koi prayed for you?

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

Oh good grief O/P you do know this is a shopping channel forum?Woman Surprised

That doesn't mean that we can only discuss our QVC shopping!  That would not be worth the effort to read or post!

Respected Contributor

Go or stay, that is a decision only you can make. If just one person's slight can wipe out all the other's that were not, well...  But that is on you and how you react to them. I don't give people that I have never met that much power over me. I don't let one override the many.