Honored Contributor

Re: Please give me a few moments i need to say something..

You sometimes have to have thick skin to post on these forums.  You can't change others or the way they post.  But you can change how you react to them.  I've always said that it boggles my mind that someone would let an anonymous poster affect them.  

Respected Contributor

I have not read any of your posts until the last two, so I cannot contribute much.  It appears that you have more support than you may have realized.  I was  'attacked' several years ago when I first joined this forum and thought that's it, no more.  It was not about spelling, grammar or paragraphs, but about my view on the topic.

But I soon realized that not everyone can disagree graciously or make suggestions graciously.  So I stayed the course and have enjoyed my time here since.  And, as much as we would like accolades from all posters, we know that cannot happen.  

So whatever decision you make, think about the folks that enjoy your posts and less about the ones that criticize.  We have to forgive  those that hurt us and move on.

Esteemed Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi  MaryAnne, don't let the few nasties on here ruin your wonderful posts.  If they are nasty to you, they are to all of us, who they don't happen to agree with.

There are too many who are with you......forget about the ones who aren't.  Sending blessings! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Some people have found a place where they can be mean to others and word it just right so it wont be deleted by the mods.  It gives them pleasure and they really get satifaction when they run someone off.  They have a problem, not you or anyother nice people that come here to get help, given an opinion or just read the posts.  These hateful few when standing in front of their maker will have to account for their actions.  Karma (aka the higher power) will eventually come around to them.  Please ignore them and continue to come here where you have many friends.  Bless you.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh good grief O/P you do know this is a shopping channel forum?Woman Surprised

Respected Contributor

@itsmagic  I do the same thing, when I see a posting by @Still keeper of the koi  I know it will be a positive message overall, even though it may be dealing with a difficult subject. 

Some people are just too negative in general and like to show how miserable their life is by tearing others down and spreading their misery around.  Haters gonna hate, so don't let them bring you down or push you off the boards.  

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Still keeper of the koi Please Please do not leave the boards, you are a beacon of light and joy to so many of us, there are more beautiful souls on these boards than trolls, I think we have all received negative comments, at first I took them personally, and then I said "Why", once time I posted a recipe for a coffee cake, just by my subject line, if she was concerned about the sugar in it, then why did she even open the thread, but she did, and then blasted me for the amount of sugar, some people are cruel, and live for hurting people and I am sorry you experienced that, the problem is not YOU it is them, they have a low self image and have to bully others to boost up their image of themselves.  Maryanne, there have been days when I wanted to spend the whole day in bed, but after reading your posts you renewed my faith that the world is and can be a beautiful world, I love hearing about your family and your animals, I feel I am right there with you after reading your posts, please re-consider, do not let that or anyone person who lives on negativity win, you are so loved here, and you would be greatly missed! I could name  instances but I wont because I no longer think about them, they are not worth my time, if they do not want to read my posts, so what, and if they take the time to answer and be negative, oh well, I just stopped reacting, that is what they want, they are seeking drama and attention, do not give into them!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Don't give away your power.  Be YOU!

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Trusted Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi, I am another poster who genuinely looks forward to reading your uplifting and inspirational posts.  And I, too, hope you will reconsider leaving this forum.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can see you come here with good intentions, MaryAnne.  I truely believe that.  I feel there is something missing here so I am going to say it with no malice intended.

It doesn't matter whether you are rich or poor, educated or uneducated, from a good family or a bad family.  I think we often blame people for the way we feel, when in reality we take some of it to heart for reasons of our own.   Maybe it would behoove you to take a look inside and ask yourself why this person made you feel "less than" in her statements.

There is a way to develop a tough hide and still keep a tender heart.  This way we don't give off the vibes of helplessness. Blaming others for our feelings only gives the illusion of helplessness.....and boy, will the real bullies have a hay day with that.  They will be drawn to you like bees to honey.  You can either stand your ground or ignore them.  I think there is room for both.  Standing your ground can be as easy as saying you disagree and leave it at that.  In the end you could be stronger for it.

Of course, many of us (if not most) are hoping you will continue your insightful and caring posts.  The way you express yourself in writing is something to behold.  Not many people can relay what they feel deep down in such an inspirational way that holds a readers attention.   Maybe some are just jealous!!