Respected Contributor

Re: Please give me a few moments i need to say something..

@Still keeper of the koi  You just keep on 'keeping on' dear one. You have many more friends than you know.

Bless you.

Trusted Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi

You are beautiful and your posts are beautiful. I will probably reply again, I need to let the words fill my being before I write, but I wanted to say how much I love you and respect you. Please don't go.

Trusted Contributor

MaryAnne, I don't post that often,but, I want you to know I always read your posts.I started a couple months ago. Please don't quit posting. I feel you always have something uplifting and thought provoking to say.There are still some of us out here that prefer to look for the good in others. Not because we're stupid or naive, but because we believe in the innate goodness of the human race.I have always seen the glass as half full. Don't let the Negative Nancy's (lol) get you down. Keep on keeping on. HUGS😊

Super Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi I am not completely sure to what you are referring. I do know that anonymity of posters can lead some to be very mean. I also post  with the TV in the background and my 3  boxers wandering about so it is easy for a misspelled word to land here.   I enjoy your posts and I hope the number of caring, positive and hopeful friends on this forum will greatly outweigh the ones that have hurt you.

Trusted Contributor

When we are surrounded by darkness, so dark you can't see anything mere inches from your eyes, it is a consuming darkness that isn't just noticed by our vision but by all of our senses. It's felt in our very core. It's scary. We cannot survive for long in that kind of darkness.

But we have someone who cares. Someone who loves us, who doesn't want us to dwell in that darkness. Then something enters that darkness, a candle. You know what a single candle can do to a black room. @Still keeper of the koi MaryAnne, you are that candle! You light the darkness. You show us hope.

You've taken your candle and touched me. Now I can hold it up in a dark room. I can touch another and start a new flame. Then another touches another. If we all held our candles up, there would be no darkness at all! 

Saying "Don't let the bullies hurt you" doesn't really help because words really do hurt, but don't let their words puff out your flame. Let it shine!

I'll end now with this tune I learned at church as a child.

This little light of mine. I'm gonna let it shine.

This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.

QVC Customer Care

Trusted Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

MaryAnne, you are a good person with honorable intentions. I'd like to think I'm kind, too. The quality of my life improved leaps and bounds when I embraced these three thoughts --

1. People in general need me -- more than I need them (people can no longer hurt me like I used to allow them to do)
  2. I can stand and 'shake the dust off my feet' and state 'this is not acceptable to me' with no explanation offered. We don't have to over-express or over-explain ourselves
  3. I stopped 'throwing my precious pearls before swine.' For too many years I forgot about this terrific teaching from the Sermon on the Mount. It gives us kind folks permission to take very good care of ourselves in this tough world.

Please don't allow random, insignificant people hurt you. You're too special!

@jeanlake  This is SO good!  #3 stopped me in my tracks....perhaps I will explain someday. I am just blown away. Thank you so much!

Blessings!

@Regal Bee

I agree 💯💟 %

⚓️
Honored Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi Please don’t leave us. I just got home and started reading and wow I didn’t realize this was going on with your posts. Don’t let the negative posters win. So before you make your final decision, think about this: WWJD? You are a very sweet genuine lady and that’s what makes you special. Take care and I look forward to reading more tidbits about your life.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

MaryAnne,

Haven't read all the posts yet, but first thing I wanted to do when I got on here, was to see you posting.

I thought, how can she leave us mid-stream when we need to know how it all comes out with the babies?  No more leaving the boards please.

For whatever reason, a lot of us have been zapped before.  We need to lay back and heal and come back.  People who hurt other people -- I swear, I don't understand it. There will be people you will just want to skip over, if you see their names.  Some deserve a second chance.  I believe their true colors come out...we learn to recognize those and pass over them.  

So how are the babies mommies? and it's good to see you here. 

By the way, when are the babies due again?  Wasn't it May?  

Honored Contributor

I do not know what has happened or what the comments were, but I hope you will not leave here because of it.  I truly believe there are some people in this world who get joy and happiness from provoking others and causing them unhappiness and sadness.  It seems no matter how kind a person is or how much good you do, there is always someone who is angry, bitter, jealous, mean, etc., just waiting to try and bring you down. I hope that you will not allow whatever was said or whatever happened to take your joy away from you.  You have every right to be here, to enjoy posting and to enjoy the friends that you have made here.  Blessings!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin