Respected Contributor

Re: Please give me a few moments i need to say something..

When I see a post with your nickname by it I always stop to read it. Your posts are so enjoyable and uplifting.  Hope you continue to post. 

Honored Contributor

Hey Koi Keeper!   I use to post here a good while back.   For the life of me I cannot remember my old user name.   I got off line and Q cancelled my ability to post.   Several of us use to post and go back and forth and have so much fun and laughter together.   I mean a hoot!   Some complained that we weren't posting about QVC stuff and somtimes the Q disapeared out threads.   But it was fun and joyful to us.   Have fun and be joyful.   God bless the ones that can't.    And God Bless You!   SC

Frequent Contributor

I don't post often,,,,,,mostly because I am baffeled by the ugliness, snarky replys and mean posts and replies by some people.  Questions that are asked are shot down by people who determine the asker is stupid or an idiot for asking the question.  If one doesn't know the answer, then its OK to ask the question.  People have different perspectives on life, situations and feelings, and if someone wants to post a reaction to something or ask if their reaction to a situation was not appropriate, it should't be shot down by some "know it all" who thinks they have ALL the answers. I have been a nurse for many years, and I have cared for people in all ranges of life. Sometimes someone says something to me that absolutely changes my opinion about something, and I know I have offered an opinion, when asked, that has helped someone. I have been surprised by the intellect and insight of the dirtiest homeless person, and apalled by an opinion of someone I knew to be in an upper echelon situation. We need people who are kind, honest and willing to take time to post. Ignor those idiots who think they know it all!! We love your posts and many of us look forward to them!

Honored Contributor

i haven't read your posts, but reading this one I want to say I hope you don't leave.  I think we have all been hurt by some of the comments made to us.  Some are so unnecessary and just "mean."  

Honored Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi I dont care who you are or what you have...I just love your sweet and kind heart and soul.I have always enjoyed reading your posts and I think you are a strong and brave woman.I am very surprised to hear that you would give up so easily to a few who speak unkind words.I hope that you will find some extra strength and belief in your heart to continue to  lift us all up with your thought and wisdoms...even those of us who are unkind and maybe need kindness the most.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Talk is Cheap

Words that point
Jagged to the touch
Words that slice and belittle
Do they hurt that much?
Words are merely perspectives
Shaped by those who speak
Some to hurt some to help
Don't let them show you're weak
For you posses the words that shape your own heart
and destiny
Don't let them make you cry or ever make you weep
For action costs so much more, when you know that talk is cheap.

Respected Contributor

wrote:

Mary Anne, I very much enjoy reading all of your posts.  I may not comment on all of them, but I read many of them.  I especially enjoy your posts about your animals.

I read your post from this morning that you might not be coming back because of what someone had replied to your post.  I hope you will reconsider.  You are definitely an asset to this forum.  It is obvious what a genuinely nice and kind person you are.

Well said.

Trusted Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi ~ Mary Anne, I read your post this morning.  The comment that person made to you was made to me also not too long ago ~ the same comment, word for word.  My guess it is the same person.  I was taken back at first, too.  I thought about leaving, too.  Know what?  We leave, they win.

My life lately has been a difficult one.  Oh, I know there are many, many people that have it far worse than me.  I am the type of person that reacts then regrets.  Either that or I go into hiding.  Sometimes things are just too much to deal with. 

While today was a tough one, in a sense I feel as if I was born again.  People can do as they wish.  I know my ultimate goals.  I won't reach them by letting people get the best of me ~ whether those people are my neighbors, my family, or a random person on a public forum.  I may not fight back with the same spunk, but no one is going to take a piece of my soul again.  EVER.

Please stay with us.  I speak for myself as well as so many others when I say you are cherished.  We need you.  (Besides, us Koi Mommies got to stick together)!!!  Take care, my friend. 

Respected Contributor

wrote:

MaryAnne, you are a good person with honorable intentions. I'd like to think I'm kind, too. The quality of my life improved leaps and bounds when I embraced these three thoughts --

1. People in general need me -- more than I need them (people can no longer hurt me like I used to allow them to do)
  2. I can stand and 'shake the dust off my feet' and state 'this is not acceptable to me' with no explanation offered. We don't have to over-express or over-explain ourselves
  3. I stopped 'throwing my precious pearls before swine.' For too many years I forgot about this terrific teaching from the Sermon on the Mount. It gives us kind folks permission to take very good care of ourselves in this tough world.

Please don't allow random, insignificant people hurt you. You're too special!

@jeanlake  This is SO good!  #3 stopped me in my tracks....perhaps I will explain someday. I am just blown away. Thank you so much!

Blessings!

Trusted Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Still keeper of the koi  MaryAnne, these forums are like a beach,  For the most part a pleasant walk until you accidentally stumble across a crab Woman Very Happy

🤣LOL