Honored Contributor

DH and I also got ours in November; I got very sick, quite suddenly, on Friday and ended up in urgent care on Saturday. I had strep throat but flu test was negative...but Dr said they are treating everyone who comes in as if they have the flu, just to be safe. She prescribed Tamiflu but I am not taking it, just the antibiotics she prescribed. She said the flu shot this year was pretty much a waste of time...but I am still glad I got it...maybe the flu test would have come back positive it I hadn't.

Honored Contributor

Re: Please get flu shots!

[ Edited ]

Also, take Clorox or Lysol wipes and wipe down all hard surfaces in your home or office...especially door handles and knobs....granddaughter's pediatrician told me this...said it's the one thing that may help the most and the thing most people don't think to do...he is right! Wash hands, cough or sneeze into your elbow, and wipe down everything including countertops, tops of lidded wastecans, edges of sinks and tubs, etc. wipe down the outside doorknobs too..it's the first thing you touch when you get home...steering wheel also!

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

Also, take Clorox or Lysol wipes and wipe down all hard surfaces in your home or office...especially door handles and knobs....granddaughter's pediatrician told me this...said it's the one thing that may help the most and the thing most people don't think to do...he is right! Wash hands, cough or sneeze into your elbow, and wipe down everything including countertops, tops of lidded wastecans, edges of sinks and tubs, etc. wipe down the outside doorknobs too..it's the first thing you touch when you get home...steering wheel also!

@lovesrecess

There are also quite a few cleaning agents that contain Clorox, I heard those recommended, also.

Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

I use a lot of Clorox wipes.

I wipe down the remote, the light switches, the toilet handle and the soap dispenser pump daily.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Please get flu shots!

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@pugvette74 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@pugvette74 wrote:

@Shopchickie3 As long as we have "our" flu shot we are protected as well as we can be.

It is very kind of you to care that people do, but some people choose not to for different reasons. Heart

What are those reasons @pugvette74.  The vaccine does not have a live virus.

@Noel7 Some people don't want to get it for THEIR OWN PERSONAL REASONS... 

@pugvette74  Yes, I got that, I guess I didn’t know they were secret, I just wanted to understand.

You don't want to understand you want to bait.

You are wrong @Mominohio  If I wanted to bait, I could have done it at least ten different ways.

However, your comment about me, above, is definitely baiting. 

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox     You have to what is best for you and your situation.  

Esteemed Contributor

@just bee wrote:

I've worked in a hospital the past ten years and the shot used to be optional.  Every year I'd sign a form so I could decline it and every year I'd say that it was only a matter of time before it became mandatory.

Now we have a choice.  Get the shot or wear a mask.  I wore a mask for twelve hours shifts when I worked in the semiconductor industry.  I'd rather have the shot.

Most of my coworkers have become ill this year because the vaccine is less than 10% effective.  I've heard it's between 4 and 7%.

They're now developing a vaccine that will be "good" for ten years.  Ah, biotechnology.

@just bee  Well they can test it on everyone else.  Not sticking me with it.

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@just bee wrote:

I've worked in a hospital the past ten years and the shot used to be optional.  Every year I'd sign a form so I could decline it and every year I'd say that it was only a matter of time before it became mandatory.

Now we have a choice.  Get the shot or wear a mask.  I wore a mask for twelve hours shifts when I worked in the semiconductor industry.  I'd rather have the shot.

Most of my coworkers have become ill this year because the vaccine is less than 10% effective.  I've heard it's between 4 and 7%.

They're now developing a vaccine that will be "good" for ten years.  Ah, biotechnology.

@just bee  Well they can test it on everyone else.  Not sticking me with it.

@just bee   A new report came out last night which said the stats are now pointing to it being 30% effective, that's good news.

@BalletBabe  I respect your right not to get the vaccine.

Regular Contributor

DH and I always get the flu vaccine. 

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

my husband & I got our vaccines in October & BOTH got the flu for over 2 weeks..it was not fun! Hoping for more effective formulas next year! 

I had the same thing happen..won't try it again...

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West