Honored Contributor

@walkingal wrote:

@BalletBabe  Since you don't get vaccinations, how do you avoid getting the flu and pneumonia?  

I can’t speak for BalletBabe, but I and my DH have never had vaccines for the flu or pneumonia and we never in our lives have had them. My adult kids have never been sick with flu pneumonia and they do not get the vaccines either.

We also don’t get colds. I don’t know why, but I always say it is because we have allergies that keep our noses stuffed up all year long.  The germs can’t penetrate.

Honored Contributor

I have asthma and other low immunity issues, I get a shot every year, I really can not understand those who do not.

The flu shot is not a conspiracy, it is prevention

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@walkingal wrote:

@BalletBabe  Since you don't get vaccinations, how do you avoid getting the flu and pneumonia?  

@walkingal.  I never get any of the shots. I have never had the flu, very rarely get a cold. Same for my parents and siblings growing up. Don't know why. My Mother was not a germaphobe and neither are her kids so maybe we are used to germs. LoL

Honored Contributor

I've worked in a hospital the past ten years and the shot used to be optional.  Every year I'd sign a form so I could decline it and every year I'd say that it was only a matter of time before it became mandatory.

Now we have a choice.  Get the shot or wear a mask.  I wore a mask for twelve hours shifts when I worked in the semiconductor industry.  I'd rather have the shot.

Most of my coworkers have become ill this year because the vaccine is less than 10% effective.  I've heard it's between 4 and 7%.

They're now developing a vaccine that will be "good" for ten years.  Ah, biotechnology.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

DH and I both got the flu shot in October.  DH has to get it because he has asthma.   This year we both got the flu... but a much milder case than we would have gotten without the shot.  This is the first time I've had the flu since I started getting the flu shot many many years ago.  

Honored Contributor

I just read this morning that an eight year old boy in Arkansas who got the flu shot, got the flu and died anyway.

In any given year, the vaccine is only 40 to 60% effective, this year it’s about 10% effective.

It seems all you get is false hope.  The flu vaccine doesn’t work well at all.  The pharmaceutical companies make millions with a product that doesn’t measure up.  They are preying on our fears with a poor product.

Super Contributor

I had never had a flu shot and don't get sick.  This year doctor talked me into getting one "so I would be protected" and I got sick!  Think the last time I was sick was 1985 and now I have been sick since Christmas and can't get rid of the cough.  Never again!

Esteemed Contributor

Not all of the people who die from the Flu are healthy people to begin with.....the 3 people that died around here in the last 2 weeks were drug addicts....

It's up to each of us to decide if we want the shot.

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I have asthma and other low immunity issues, I get a shot every year, I really can not understand those who do not.

The flu shot is not a conspiracy, it is prevention

Flu shots are medically contraindicated for some people.

And lots of others have never had the shots and never got the flu.  They feel there's no need.

Those are just two of the reasons.

Some years I've had flu shots and some years I haven't.  It's a personal decision.  Not everyone is the same.

Esteemed Contributor

@walkingal   Well  I'm just careful, and lucky I guess.  I have done a lot of research on all these immunization.   They do not keep you from getting the flu or Pneumonia.  That is what big Pharma wants you to believe. The facts are that more people are getting the flu every year and more people are getting immunization.   Think about that.  This year is only 10% effective, yet I just saw a commercial just today, that you should still get your Flue shot?  It takes several weeks for the shot to kick in.  I think they try their best to use what is made, because big Pharma and the Dr.s lose money if they are notgiven out in a certain amount of time.      

I do not like what ingredients are in these also.  Aluminum and Mercury to name two of many.   One thing I do is I use those hand wipes when I am out.  I use them as I enter the store and also when I leave.   I keep my hands away from my face.   I try to eat healthy and get a lot of exercise.  

I haven't been to a Dr. for anything related to being sick.   I haven't had a antibiotic in about 20 years.   Try to avoid crowds when the outbreak is bad.  If you cannot eat right make sure you have vitamins to take.  Vitamin D s one thing that is important for many reasons.   

I think everyone has to make this decision for themselves.  My Hubby got them faithfully and still got the flu and Pneumonia. I saw a new Dr. about 6 years ago, he said "you need a Flu, Pneumonia, Shingles, Tetnus and something else.   I said "No thanks" .  I have never had a Tetnus only when I ran ambulance as it was required.  It is al about $$$$$$$$.   10 years ago no one gave them out hardly, now they are shoving these down our throats.   

Look up the ingrediants in the flu shot.  google it.  You will be amazed.  Couple of good Dr.'s on you tube that talk about these toxins that are added to keep the meds from going bad.    

I