Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

If you do research on the Flu vaccines you will see that they are never very effective.   I feel it is nothing but a Big Pharma money maker.   I choose not to have Aluminum and Mercury and other dangerous chemicals.  I haven't had a flu shot in 20 years.  I haven't had the flu either.   

This is a decision that each individual has to make for themselves.   Dr.'s are into pushing all these things anymore.  One thing I will not do, is I never put my hands near my face when I am out.   I use the wipes going into the store as well as coming out.   If you notice they never have the right strain.  Same thing every year.   

I am totally against all immunizations especially the Pneumonia shot.   DO NOT GET IT IF YOU ARE SICK.   The Dr's pushed my hubby into getting one and he never recovered from it.   He got the Pneumonia shot failthfully and still got it.   Some look to Dr.'s as Gods.  I am not one of them.   

@BalletBabe . I feel mostly the same way.  I'm not against all vaccines and I like to believe there is some good in many of them but they are basically a huge money maker for big pharma companies who push people to get them with the help of the media.  These huge companies are not liable for their vaccines.  Why is there a law about that?

Just because one might not have a negative reaction to a vaccine doens't mean there isn't a build up of toxins in your system which could have some negative outcomes in the future.  We never hear about that....and why is it that we hear about the possible dangers for all sorts of pharmaceuticals on TV ads but one never hears of any dangers for a vaccine?  How is a vaccine any "safer" than any other medication?  It's not.

I believe that one can do more than just wash hands (which is very important) and get a vaccine for flu prevention.  Nothing is fool proof but it helps to make sure you're getting enough Vitamin D and other supplements.  Keep yout immune system strong and eat a healthy diet.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@pugvette74 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@pugvette74 wrote:

@Shopchickie3 As long as we have "our" flu shot we are protected as well as we can be.

It is very kind of you to care that people do, but some people choose not to for different reasons. Heart

What are those reasons @pugvette74.  The vaccine does not have a live virus.

@Noel7 Some people don't want to get it for THEIR OWN PERSONAL REASONS... 

@pugvette74  Yes, I got that, I guess I didn’t know they were secret, I just wanted to understand.

@Noel7 . Because like most medications it's not 100% safe.  Some people have an issue with taking certain meds.

Respected Contributor

Every September!!!!  Haven't missed one in decades!

Honored Contributor

I am 56 and have never had one and never plan on having one at least for now.  I got the flu in the 3rd grade, then at 17, then at 32 and finally the last time at 48 years old.   My Dr. and his nurses do not try to encourage me for not doing the shot.  Just ask each year if I want one and are fine with my answer of No thanks.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

Last year was the first time I had gotten the flu in about thirty years.  I did not have the flu shot but was told by health care provider the shot protects for about 90 days.  So if I had gotten in November that by the time March rolled around (when I got the flu) it would no longer be working.  I had never heard that before.  Son, dil and grands always get the flu shot and alwys get the flu.  I really don't know what works.

Trusted Contributor

The flu vaccine this year is only 10% effective in some researcher's opinion and not at all effective in others.  What is the point then in this flu vaccine since it is virtually not effective?

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@pugvette74 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@pugvette74 wrote:

@Shopchickie3 As long as we have "our" flu shot we are protected as well as we can be.

It is very kind of you to care that people do, but some people choose not to for different reasons. Heart

What are those reasons @pugvette74.  The vaccine does not have a live virus.

@Noel7 Some people don't want to get it for THEIR OWN PERSONAL REASONS... 

@pugvette74  Yes, I got that, I guess I didn’t know they were secret, I just wanted to understand.

@Noel7 . Because like most medications it's not 100% safe.  Some people have an issue with taking certain meds.

Thanks @haddon9😊

Honored Contributor

@Deanie wrote:

The flu vaccine this year is only 10% effective in some researcher's opinion and not at all effective in others.  What is the point then in this flu vaccine since it is virtually not effective?

@Deanie

The stated reason from the CDC is that if you do get the flu, it will be less severe, The mortality rate for dying from the flu is much lower for those who got the vaccine.

Honored Contributor

oh boy

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

If you do research on the Flu vaccines you will see that they are never very effective.   I feel it is nothing but a Big Pharma money maker.   I choose not to have Aluminum and Mercury and other dangerous chemicals.  I haven't had a flu shot in 20 years.  I haven't had the flu either.   

This is a decision that each individual has to make for themselves.   Dr.'s are into pushing all these things anymore.  One thing I will not do, is I never put my hands near my face when I am out.   I use the wipes going into the store as well as coming out.   If you notice they never have the right strain.  Same thing every year.   

I am totally against all immunizations especially the Pneumonia shot.   DO NOT GET IT IF YOU ARE SICK.   The Dr's pushed my hubby into getting one and he never recovered from it.   He got the Pneumonia shot failthfully and still got it.   Some look to Dr.'s as Gods.  I am not one of them.   

@BalletBabe . I feel mostly the same way.  I'm not against all vaccines and I like to believe there is some good in many of them but they are basically a huge money maker for big pharma companies who push people to get them with the help of the media.  These huge companies are not liable for their vaccines.  Why is there a law about that?

Just because one might not have a negative reaction to a vaccine doens't mean there isn't a build up of toxins in your system which could have some negative outcomes in the future.  We never hear about that....and why is it that we hear about the possible dangers for all sorts of pharmaceuticals on TV ads but one never hears of any dangers for a vaccine?  How is a vaccine any "safer" than any other medication?  It's not.

I believe that one can do more than just wash hands (which is very important) and get a vaccine for flu prevention.  Nothing is fool proof but it helps to make sure you're getting enough Vitamin D and other supplements.  Keep yout immune system strong and eat a healthy diet.

@haddon9  agree with you 100%.  The reason you don't hear about all the warnings is that it is a big money maker for all of them.  The Dr.'s get in so many of the vaccines and if not given out , they loose money.  That is why the push.  Think about this:   They now push Flu, Pneumonia, Shingles, and Tetnus shots. 

They are saying that the flu shot this year is only 10% effective.  So, everyone is running out to get them and they are doing nothing.  (This happens almost every year)   There may be more cases of the flu this year,  but think about this, more people get flu shots then ever before.  The statistics do not show a decrease in the flu over the years.   When people are very sick with the flu, a lot of them run out to get the Pneumonia shot.  When you just get over the flu your immune system is not good.  A lot of those people end up with Pneumonia. Most people don't do research on anything.  They look to a Dr. like he is God.  I worked for Dr.'s.  Trust me they are not Gods.

The bad thing today is that most Dr.'s work for a group.   They are told what to do and now the insurance companies are telling the Dr.'s what to do.  All I an say is google the ingredients in the flu vaccine.  You tube has some great Dr.s on there that don't agree about giving them.  The last time I was given a Pneumonia shot about 20 years ago , my arm swelled so bad , it looked like someone stuffed a football under my skin.  I could not lift it for days.   My Dr. said that was not a reaction.   Really???