Super Contributor

@Shopchickie3   Wish I would have paid attention to your post....have the Flu now (tail end) and it has been pretty miserable.  Unfortunately, getting the vaccine was not on my mind due to extreme life changes.  Oh well, lesson learned

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

How about a conversation with your doctor instead of the Walgreen's commercial?

Live or dead virus, your health care provider knows your history.

Walgreens posts their sign beginning in the summer..I don't like Walgreen's for that reason..IMO, its all about money for Big Pharma..and I used to work in the medical profession..alot of the doctor's felt the same way..could be they get kickbacks now. The pharm reps used to bring lunch and other goodies to entice the doctor's..

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Trusted Contributor

wrote:

@silver fox wrote:

@Evie2004 wrote:

my husband & I got our vaccines in October & BOTH got the flu for over 2 weeks..it was not fun! Hoping for more effective formulas next year! 

Same thing here, I even had the super flu vaccine, or what ever they call it and just got over 2 plus weeks of it.  The doctor at the hospital told me the shots this year ended up not covering the strain of flu that's going around and they are swamped with flu cases.  

My Mom had the same experience, except she hasn't yet recovered.  She's generally very healthy, but her flu is severe and she's still hospitalized.  She rarely gets sick, and she's never had the flu before.

I hope you're feeling better!

Sorry I'm a little late responding @NYC Susan and thank you, yes I am feeling much better, it was a long haul.  I hope your Mom is feeling her old self now also,  best wishes to you both !

Regular Contributor

wrote:

@Shopchickie3   Wish I would have paid attention to your post....have the Flu now (tail end) and it has been pretty miserable.  Unfortunately, getting the vaccine was not on my mind due to extreme life changes.  Oh well, lesson learned

Oh feel better!!!!! It happens!!!! Glad you are feeling well enough to post!! 😻

Regular Contributor

Feel better!!! 

Regular Contributor

wrote:

@MsCatLuver ya know sometimes when a lot is going on we get run down and can get a cold, flu, etc...anyway take care and thank u for commenting. I had no idea that this little post would become full of responses. Wishing everyone well. 

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

@Deanie wrote:

The flu vaccine this year is only 10% effective in some researcher's opinion and not at all effective in others.  What is the point then in this flu vaccine since it is virtually not effective?

They got a stock pile of it and want some $$'s for it....sorry but that's what I think since they know it's not effective this yr for what's going around!!  JUst get it they constantly say on TV but it's not effective BUT you should get it anyway!  WHAT?  makes zero sense to me.  

You are a smart lady and you are right.  It is actually less then 8% effective this year.  Yes, we are having a worse year , but almost every year they don't have the right strain.   Now they are working for one that works for several years?   God help the people that get that.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

Deanie wrote:

The flu vaccine this year is only 10% effective in some researcher's opinion and not at all effective in others.  What is the point then in this flu vaccine since it is virtually not effective?

They got a stock pile of it and want some $$'s for it....sorry but that's what I think since they know it's not effective this yr for what's going around!!  JUst get it they constantly say on TV but it's not effective BUT you should get it anyway!  WHAT?  makes zero sense to me.  

You are a smart lady and you are right.  It is actually less then 8% effective this year.  Yes, we are having a worse year , but almost every year they don't have the right strain.   Now they are working for one that works for several years?   God help the people that get that.

@BalletBabe

The latest research has been out for several days, the vaccine is actually 30% effective.  That is strong enough to lessen the chance of dying if you get the flu and if you do get it, you won’t suffer as much.  

There are hospitals that are giving it out for free to,prevent an epidemic. 

Super Contributor

I got mine!  Also pnuemonia shot, tetanus etc.  Am fastidious about hand washing.  There is controversy regarding vaccines but for me I'm getting them.

Honored Contributor

The flu has increased the risk of a heart attack within a week following Woman Surprised

Details on Chat.