Esteemed Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

How about a conversation with your doctor instead of the Walgreen's commercial?

Live or dead virus, your health care provider knows your history.

A Dr. is going to tell you to get it.  That is how they make money.  I asked my Dr. about theMercury in them and he looked shocked that I knew that, and his response?  " It isn't that much"   BOLOGNA

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I just read this morning that an eight year old boy in Arkansas who got the flu shot, got the flu and died anyway.

In any given year, the vaccine is only 40 to 60% effective, this year it’s about 10% effective.

It seems all you get is false hope.  The flu vaccine doesn't work well at all.  The pharmaceutical companies make millions with a product that doesn't measure up.  They are preying on our fears with a poor product.

Amen to @Carmie  You have it down pat!  All about money.   Most practices are groups today, so these groups /clinics Pharmacies must give out what they have or they lose money.   

Esteemed Contributor

No thank you, not next year... I got the shot and came down with the worst flu I ever had. It only protects you at a 30 percent at of 100 percent, and it does not protect you from every flu strain. Thanks for the public service announcement O/P but not for me or my family.Woman Indifferent

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe

I have asthma and low immunity issues I get the shot every year and so does my husband, in all seriousness if I got a bad case of the flu I could die.

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Snowpuppy wrote:

A Dr. is going to tell you to get it.  That is how they make money.  I asked my Dr. about theMercury in them and he looked shocked that I knew that, and his response?  " It isn't that much"   BOLOGNA

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please get flu shots!

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

@BalletBabe

I have asthma and low immunity issues I get the shot every year and so does my husband, in all seriousness if I got a bad case of the flu I could die.

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Snowpuppy wrote:

Woman Frustrated They make more on kick backs then anything else.. oh yes also referrals.If they cared about there patients they would not give them so many medications. and they would endorse more vitamin's and better diets and exercise.

Honored Contributor

There will always be those who refuse to get a flu shot or vaccine.  They obviously don't care about people around them.  When they or their kids get sick, they'll be the first to cry and whine about the illness.

Honored Contributor

I guess some will never understand how the flu can effect those with compromised immune situations, please do not SCREAM big Pharma or drug companies, walk a minute in another persons shoes to fully understand what they deal with on a day to day basis

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Snowpuppy wrote:

Not all doctors tell all patients to get a flu shot.  My doctor always leaves it up to me.  And - as I've posted previously - some patients should not receive a flu shot for medical reasons.  I've never known a doctor who wouldn't advise against it in those cases.

I agree with @Snowpuppy.  For sure it makes more sense to have a conversation with a doctor rather than rely on what's said in a Walgreen's (or any other) commercial.  Anyone who doesn't trust their doctor to treat them appropriately should be looking for another doctor.

Trusted Contributor

@BalletBabevery well said

Honored Contributor

Re: Please get flu shots!

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox  Most of the vaccines out there prevent disease and they work.

Unfortunally, the flu vaccine does not work well at all.  On a good year it is effective 40-60%.  This year, they really missed the mark and it’s only 10% effective.

Then they tell you that your flu symptoms will be lesser....how do they know?  It either works or it doesn’t.  I don’t see how that can measure how effective it is.

Do they test it on a group of people and purposely expose them to influenza?

At least with the polio vaccine, the effectiveness is remarkable.

People are dying with or without the vaccine.  I read where it is only good for a few months.  If you get the vaccine early, it wears off by the time the flu season is in full force.

i am not telling people to get or not get the vaccine, but something is not right.  The public is not being told the truth.  We are told to get the vaccine to prevent the flu or if we get the flu to lessen the effects.....that doesn’t seem to be the truth at all.  The proof is all around us on the news each night.

It is scary, but giving us false hope is not right.  What exactly is it preventing.. Mass hysteria, perhaps? 

@I am still oxox wrote:

I have asthma and other low immunity issues, I get a shot every year, I really can not understand those who do not.

The flu shot is not a conspiracy, it is prevention