Trusted Contributor

Re: Please explain difference b/w "Among Friends" and "Community Chat" forums...

[ Edited ]

A good analogy for the on-going chat threads, @LTT1.

Makes perfect sense, since the more who join in ... the more difficult it becomes to post with each member. I still work full time, plus help to care for my aging parents. As much I would enjoy getting to know and chatting with other lovely groups here, I just don’t have the time right now to participate on a regular basis. Thankful they all have each other for support and keeping good company! Good of QVC to allow it, since many message boards are shutting down — replaced by FB/Twitter/Snapchat, etc.

Some of us who met here had the Kindred Spirits group chat in AF until the big upgrade that sent us to CC. Most of us don’t like this upgraded format, so went to another online community. Visit when we can with those we met here on another small group chat thread. Have to limit myself to one for now. Otherwise, I also like to post to topics of interest here when time permits. 

Enjoy yourself and take care! ❤️

Honored Contributor

Re: Please explain difference b/w "Among Friends" and "Community Chat" forums...

@SelahG

Thank you — that Is a good summary of why and how things change!

Wishing you good days ahead for 2018🎈❤️💗💙

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Super Contributor

@SelahG  Thanks for your explanation

Trusted Contributor

Among Friends has always been a softer place to land than Community Chat. Seems many close bonds have formed here in the chat threads between posters who met and maybe shared common interests all over these forums. I think of it as the heart and soul of the Community. Though I know there are friendly chat threads in other forums, too. I have seen them growing over the years, but have no personal knowledge since I haven't read them. 

Viewpoints used to allow debating, which often got heated, to say the least. Now, since the upgrade and tighter restrictions, it is calmer but obviously too rigid for many former posters who appear to have left out of boredom or frustration.

I would personally still use CC for current event discussions and AF for personal advice and socializing. There doesn't seem to be any hard and fast rule on it, though.