Honored Contributor

Please Share Your Sources For Neat Gifts!

I love River Sweet Treats, a small family business, true caramel, chocolate or nouget and pecans!  The cakes are wonderful too!  Often you get a free box of pecan pralines with an order!  Woo Hoo!

Image result for pralines from river street sweets

Honored Contributor

Re: Please Share Your Sources For Neat Gifts!

Old-Fashioned Christmas Candy from The Swiss Colony....

Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at Wed, Mar 8, 2017-8.31.53 PM.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@ECBG

these look fresh & delicious! I'd happily accept & enjoy this gift!!!

I don't do a lot of gifting recently except to my GD (5 years old) who loves packages in the mail (I live 1500 mi away).

for children I love Melissa & Doug learning/play toys. I'm amazed of all the neat things have. Great site (I buy from Amazon free shipping) for those who buy for children.

Honored Contributor

For years members of my family starting with grandma have sent and even exchanged boxes of Enstroms Almond Toffee which is made in Grand Junction, Colorado where grandma lived.  The past two Christmases, QVC has carried bite-sized individually wrapped pieces, but we like the way the factory packages a slab of it in a box so you have yummy crumbs for your ice cream. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@ECBG Those confections look very similar to what I've ordered from Savannah's Candy Kitchen! Sadly, they get no further than our home. 

Good place around here is Nothing Bundt Cakes. 

Honored Contributor

Signals, Wireless, Bas Blue, The Grommet, Dream Farm, Amazon, and QVC.

When I'm in the Bay Area, I love to stop into Cornology and pick up some Truffle Parmesan popcorn. They also do online orders and sell the Truffle Parm spice if anyone is interested. I sprinkle it on popcorn I pop myself,but you can probably use it for other things, too.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love L'occitane dot com. I've been using the same dental hygenist for 5 years - and she always makes me laugh - and puts me in a good mood. A couple of months ago, I knew I needed to buy her a Christmas present - and went to this site. I purchased a Gift Set, which came in a large round box containing a large size cologne, small soap, hand cream, shower gel. I also bought this set for myself as well - and it's gorgeous. 

In the past, I also bought several boxes of large-sized soap (around 4 in a box) - great smelling - for a few male friends. I have 2 male roomies and a couple of months ago, I purchased cologne for each. Their products are very high quality, made in France --- well packaged - and everything is yummy. I have many products that I purchased a while ago - and still using.

Great service as well.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG My favorite place especially for Truffles is Graham's Chocolates, Geneva, IL.  I like to purchase this small box that holds about 6 truffles.  Then I would pick out the color ribbon I wanted on the box.  It's a nice side gift to a monetary gift or also a just because gift.  grahamschocolate.com

They have other delicious chocolates, taffy apples and it's family owned.  In the summer, they have ice cream cones and Italian ice.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Frankly, I don't give neat gifts (it's usually gift cards) but the suggestions are great.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@ECBG

these look fresh & delicious! I'd happily accept & enjoy this gift!!!

I don't do a lot of gifting recently except to my GD (5 years old) who loves packages in the mail (I live 1500 mi away).

for children I love Melissa & Doug learning/play toys. I'm amazed of all the neat things have. Great site (I buy from Amazon free shipping) for those who buy for children.

@homedecor1,Did you know about 10 or so years ago when everyone was upset about lead paint in children's toys, Melissa and Doug products were one of the few that had safe paint.