Honored Contributor

Re: Phrases I am sick,sick,of hearing

@shaggygirl wrote:

We're in this together.

@shaggygirl 

Exactly!  We're in this together -- just stay the h_ll away from each other!!! :womanlol:

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

Serving looks

Realness

Hunty

We may not be watching the same shows.

Trusted Contributor

@caroln242 wrote:

Good one!  Yeah, I forgot about how "everyone" is here for me!  The car dealers, the fast food restaurants, the electric company, the cable company, the banks...  It warms my heart how they're all here for me!  Smiley Frustrated

LOL! The advertising geniuses at work.....the only business that "cares" for me is my auto insurance company. They are giving me 20% off the next two monthly premiums due to lack of traffic and accidents "in these troubled times".  Another phrase I hate. (not theirs).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So many of these overused and trite phrases are essentially courtesy of the ad industry... The very same ad industry that has virtually ruined television and radio... As I said elsewhere, for all these disingenuous buzz phrases, so many others over the years, for tiresome and annoying commercials of all types and for a vast number of so many other reasons, the ad industry has long made my hot list for being among the very lowest of the bottom feeders...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was just thinking about this very thing yesterday!!

Social Distancing

We are all in this Together

We will get thru this Together

I got your  back, We got your back

New normal

Mitigation

Coronavirus

Covid 19

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

@candyagain  I just calculated my car insurance savings!  $13 for April and $13 for May!

🤤

Trusted Contributor

I can't stand hearing 

• Challenging times (lets face it the challenge for many is going to last well beyond our stay at home orders)
  • We are all in this together
  • Quarantine (I'm pretty sure people are calling what they are doing a quarantine but really it isn't, especially when I see them posting on FB about going to the grocery store multiple times per week)
  • Wash your hands and cover your mouth if you cough or sneeze (really I learned that in elementary school)
  • Stay Home (as if when because that person said it those who haven't are all of a sudden going to listen.  If they haven't stayed home while ordered by their state they aren't going to start because you told them.)

Respected Contributor

I can't wait to hear the positive phrases people come up with to replace all of these.

Respected Contributor

Last night I just said this to my Husband after one more, social distance 

commercial!  All of them listed!.. 

Esteemed Contributor

On QVC earlier with Isaac and Jennifer Coffey, they kept saying:  wear it now, wear it when this is over.  🙄