Esteemed Contributor

Pheasant Run Resort St Charles IL

We were there last night.  The waiter told us Pheasant Run Resort is up for auction.  I believe it used to be a Playboy Resort way back in the day. According to our Mom.

We've gone there many times, our parents did back in the Playboy days. Zanies Comedy Club, Bourbon Street, pool, spa, golf course, multiple resturants, game room, escape room.... it's going to be missed.

Hopefully someone will buy it and keep it going.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Pheasant Run Resort St Charles IL

Yes'm, we have stayed there also.

They are deeply in debt.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, it's up for auction - starting bid 2 million.

I've been there many times too!   Go often to the event center for car shows in the summer and also love their spring and winter craft shows.

Had some great brunches at the Harvest Restaurant.

I agree with you.  Sure hope someone buys it and keeps it going.

Just like Sunny Acres further east from Pheasant Run.  That was just purchased 1 or 2 years ago and the new owners have done a great job with it!

Respected Contributor

Always sad when long-term establishments count down their days....

Respected Contributor

We used to go there for weekend outings back in the eighties. 

Regular Contributor

That is sad to hear, been to the comedy club, also have stayed overnight there and always enjoyed walking around the "Bourbon Street" area. Another Kane County establishment that has seen better times, just like the old Mill Race Inn back in the day over at Genava IL, which has since been razed. Also enjoyed going there to walk the paths along the Fox River, then having Easter or a Mother's Day brunch.

Hope Pheasant Run has better luck at finding someone to invest in it than what happened to Mill Race Inn.

Esteemed Contributor

We've been there for a few events over the years.  Mill Race Inn once,too.  I hope Pheasant Run doesn't go away,too.  The last time I was at Pheasant Run 

was about 2 years ago.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Trusted Contributor

My brother had his wedding reception at Mill Race Inn.  There were probably about 25 - 30 guests and it was held in a cute small room. The wedding was in September and they had a lot of lovely pictures taken outside as Mill Race Inn would always have the outdoors decorated so nicely with flowering plants, etc.  My brother and his wife were especially sad to see the place go as it was such a nice memory for them of their special day.  They would go there on their anniversary each year to celebrate.