Esteemed Contributor

Re: People who live in glass houses.....

@Allegheny wrote:

shouldn't be creeped out by thunder & lightening storms.    

I am in the basement right now.  I don't live in a glass house, but the entire front of my living room is all windows and we live amongst the trees.

Sounds like the storm is moving on now, I can go back upstairs.

Thunder doesn't scare me as much as lightening.....I will definitely head to the basement for that (no windows).

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@itiswhatitis

Yes, it is the lightening that fightens me the most and of course the high winds.  When the thunder cracks and I can't even count to one-one thousand I race downstairs.

Once I was so freaked out with the storms we were having I spent a few hours in DH's SUV in the garage.

Right now NWS is issuing 2-3 severe T-Storm warnings, with quarter sized hail and possible 60MPH winds over the next several hours.  And of course flash flood warnings.  

The only place I enjoy this type of weather is at the beach overlooking the ocean.

Esteemed Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

@itiswhatitis

Yes, it is the lightening that fightens me the most and of course the high winds.  When the thunder cracks and I can't even count to one-one thousand I race downstairs.

Once I was so freaked out with the storms we were having I spent a few hours in DH's SUV in the garage.

Right now NWS is issuing 2-3 severe T-Storm warnings, with quarter sized hail and possible 60MPH winds over the next several hours.  And of course flash flood warnings.  

The only place I enjoy this type of weather is at the beach overlooking the ocean.

I know how you feel.  I don't like lightening.  The thunder can be so startling and loud that it sets car alarms off where I live.  I too, have windows all over my home and won't even go near them to close them when a storm approaches.  I'll close them only before lightening.  While lightening is going on, I don't touch them.

*Call Tyrone*