Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66   I would think with all of the history in Va there would be a lot of re-enactors doing their thing.  I think it can be fun for those who are really into it.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

My senior aged aunt used to volunteer at a hospital to provide the rocking, cuddling, touching and cooing that neglected babies needed in order to thrive.

There may be something similar near you.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

@haddon9 

@PA Mom-mom

Love Peddlar’s Village!!!  Next visit, let’s meet !

Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

Peddler’s Village is not an outlet mall. It is a pretty village of stores in a country setting.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66.  I have several retired friends in Austin, Tx who volunteer as "baby rockers" at one of the hospitals.  One is a man.  I've wondeted if all of the larger hospitals have such volunteers.  Anybody know?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

WOW! Those pics are beautiful! I must admit, I'd never heard of Peddler's Village before Stacey went on location, but I am in awe after researching it. I would love to be able to shop in a place so magical. 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

@haddon9 

Once the Chico’s reopens after the ceiling water damage, I will be back shopping !  This is the second time the same accident happened !

Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  Thanks for your post.  I've thought that is one of the things I'm going to look into after the holidays.

My problem is my back.  I have days when I can hardly get out of bed (but I always do).

I'm finally going back to the Dr I started on this journey with.  He is the one who sent me to the place I've gone to for now 16 years!  Yes, that wasn't a typo.

I keep thinking "If I can get to the point where I can be more reliable volunteering....I'm in".

Again, thanks for the post.  Incidentally, when my middle daughter's last daughter was born the baby was in the hospital for a few weeks after my daughter was let go.

My daughter had been in the hospital for over 1 month with kidney stones.  She was 8 months pregnant and had to stay there.  Then the minute the baby was born they zapped the stones and she went home.  But the baby had to stay.

My friend and I (and her mom, of course) came and rocked her all of the time.  It was pretty close to Heaven sitting in a room, quiet, rocking this sweet angel.

Brought back so many memories.  During the night feedings my husband would get up with them, feed them and rock them.  But during the day, I did and I loved it.

Honored Contributor

@jlkz   Oh I had forgotten about the Chicos flood.  Do you know when they will repoen?  If I need to go to Chicos I will go to the one in Langhorne.

I'm going to Peddler's Village a few times this month.  I get my haircut at David Witchell so I'm there at least every 6 weeks and I'm getting together with some friends for the holidays for shopping & dinner.  I like some of the events but other times I try to steer clear of the crowds.

Respected Contributor

@haddon9 

Will let you know when it reopens...told it should be open for Christmas shopping.

Sir Winston Churchill