Respected Contributor

Re: Peaceful Music You Love!

@qualitygal  I love the Christmas songs by Percy Faith and other timeless classics.  

I also love Manneheim Steamroller's Christmas music.  Especially "Stille Nacht":  To me, their music transcends the season and I find myself listening to it at other times during the year.  My dad absolutely loves them and I know when he is gone, this music will bring back happy memories of him for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTSkS0Abas4

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

My peaceful music for many decades has been Southern Gospel. Elvis was surrounded on his world tours by groups that were primarily Southern Gospel Groups. J.D. Sumner was the top man in many such groups, one of which was The Stamps Quartet.

I have a large library of this music by many different groups, but Elvis along with J.D. Sumner will always be at the top for me.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

I've been listening to some old Enya songs that are very soothing.  Loved her music from back then.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

John, 

The Blackwood Brothers had J.D. Sumpter with them I think before he went with Elvis.  At least that's how I remember it.  Now I could be mistaken on this.  The Stamps I remember too.@hckynut

Esteemed Contributor

Simon & Garfunkel ...Bridge over trouble water...

Trusted Contributor

I enjoy smooth jazz, their is a you tuber called --- Brother John's  ---- he does a lot of instrumental mixes, I gather he is a DJ so you hear a wide variety of music but it is mostly instrumental.  So it is popular songs but instruamental which is quite nice for in the office.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Respected Contributor

How could I leave out Yanni!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy50XIBvxvQ

Love this thread!  Giving me more peaceful music choices!Cat Very Happy  Thanks, everyone!

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

Yes, that's very nice, I also like Reiki music, I have quite a few DVD's and they will literally put you to sleep. I usually play them when I practice yoga and meditate.

@blackhole99,Can you give us a sample?Smiley Happy

Actually, I guess you could just google Reiki music and something would come up for you to sample. My favorite CD's are Merlin's Magic Heart of Reiki,Reiki Touch and Shamanic Dream is the one I use for meditation. @ECBG

Honored Contributor

Music by Yanni ... all of it is peaceful and beautiful. 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

I hear this and I'm in a boat on a lake.......drifting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY1V0Y7hscw