Honored Contributor

On several purchases,  I have lost a coupon  or free S & H because I  used PayPal.   Does anyone know enough about Pay Pal to tell me why?  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Who did you purchase from?

I use PayPal about 95% for all online purchases from all Retailers and never had a problem.

Frequent Contributor

I haven't had any problem with it but I wonder if you went to PayPal before you put in the coupon or free &H.  Once you go to PayPal it will be the amount paid.  Just a thought.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG  - Paypal is a method of payment and shouldn't interfere with a coupon or free shipping.

Can you call whoever you made the purchase from so they can adjust your order?

Honored Contributor

Re: Pay Pal Question

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@ECBG  - Paypal is a method of payment and shouldn't interfere with a coupon or free shipping.

@San Antonio Gal It's happened more than once and with different companies.  Chose Paypal, you are sent back to the company to complete the order, and the free ship and coupon are gone.

I wonder how Paypal makes their money?

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@San Antonio Gal It's happened more than once and with different companies.  Chose Paypal, you are sent back to the company to complete the order, and the free ship and coupon are gone.

I wonder how Paypal makes their money?

as someone who uses paypal to invoice customers @ECBG , paypal takes a small percentage out of the amount of the invoice, right at payment,  once we are paid.

they make money other ways also, including via their own branded credit card. they have paypal credit which is a buy now, pay later feature.

they are now affiliated with synchrony bank. the same bank that qvc and hsn use for their store branded credit cards.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45Thank you.  I could never figure out PayPal.  The company emailed me to tell me they took the SH off!  How cool is that!!!!!

Thank you Ross Simons!  Best fine jewelry company around!!!Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

When I was selling on Ebay paypal would take 2.9% of what I made and then an additional .30 per transaction.