Valued Contributor

Part 2, an incredible compliment..

Today I wrote my.mother in law a letter ,  I wanted to tell her how much i loved her love her and daddy,..My mind went back to  the first year I was married We  met  in may married in Oct same year.I married into an italian family, this Scandinavian  , indian girl, so very diffrent .  That christmas  we lined up for pictures my mil sister  looked at me and said boy you stick  out like a sore thumb and laughed. .It took me back i was again the half breed child mother  laughed about.My mother  in law stepped beside me ,precious  come with mom up front your too pretty for the back..24 christmas  eves ago i stood in the front with my inlaws, and have ever since .My husband stands behind...I wrote to my mil   a bout unconventional  love, that valentines  day is for lovers. yes she is my love, as well as my husband and fil.That is love in the ultimate  .,never a phonecall she doesnt call me precious .   That is my valentines day gift of love.IT TOOK 31 YEARS TO FIND  MY MOTHER,  THE MOTHER OF MY HEART...Maryanne 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Part 2, an incredible compliment..

[ Edited ]

That story is precious, itself. You are both truly blessed. A lot of women are not so lucky. And that is where I shall stop. Except to say, God Bless and I wish everyone a wonderful valentines day.

It sounds like you both found someone precious.

Respected Contributor

How very blessed you and your family are. She will treasure your letter forever. You both must be very very 

special.

Respected Contributor

Your letter will become one of her most treasured keepsakes.  Years ago, my DIL wrote me a similar letter, telling me how much she loved me and thanking me for raising the most wonderful man she married.  I keep it inside my Bible and read it sometimes when I'm a little down or just need a personal pick me  up.  It is priceless.  

Honored Contributor

Aww you are soooo lucky to have such a lovely mil. I envy you. What I wouldn't have done to have my mil just like me. She just died last year (age 91) and never gave me a call, never wrote to me (she lived in AZ, us in MI), never treated me as part of their family. I tried early on in my marriage to always include her and she just never responded. Count your blessing OP, you are very lucky.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@Keeper of the koi wrote:

Today I wrote my.mother in law a letter ,  I wanted to tell her how much i loved her love her and daddy,..My mind went back to  the first year I was married We  met  in may married in Oct same year.I married into an italian family, this Scandinavian  , indian girl, so very diffrent .  That christmas  we lined up for pictures my mil sister  looked at me and said boy you stick  out like a sore thumb and laughed. .It took me back i was again the half breed child mother  laughed about.My mother  in law stepped beside me ,precious  come with mom up front your too pretty for the back..24 christmas  eves ago i stood in the front with my inlaws, and have ever since .My husband stands behind...I wrote to my mil   a bout unconventional  love, that valentines  day is for lovers. yes she is my love, as well as my husband and fil.That is love in the ultimate  .,never a phonecall she doesnt call me precious .   That is my valentines day gift of love.IT TOOK 31 YEARS TO FIND  MY MOTHER,  THE MOTHER OF MY HEART...Maryanne 

@Keeper of the koi

That made me cry!  What a beautiful post!  And your mother-in-law is truly a special woman!!!  And it sounds like you are, too!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

That is beautiful and so special that you took the time to write this love message to your MIL.I can't imagine her reading it and not crying.I think you will have completely melted her heart.Thanks for sharing one of the best Valentine's Day messages.